Bestbuy just called me to put me on hold about an order I pu

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Bestbuy just called me to put me on hold about an order I pu

Post by Clarence »

WTF I ordered a new washing machine off my phone through Best Buy. And I'm at work and received a call. I have to take all calls in case it's the spinal surgeon.

A robot comes on saying it's best buy and they have very important information about my order, please stay on the line!

Then I'm put on hold with hold music and messages saying "We are experiencing a higher than normal call volume and you will be waiting for some time"

WTF

Seriously???

They call ME on my cell at work and expect me to hold for some time, with day time minutes?

I seriously can't get over the awfulness of this.

Don't call me unless you want to talk to me!!

I'm blown away by this
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: Bestbuy just called me to put me on hold about an order

Post by Moe »

The whole thing is automated, you'd think they would have a system in place that would:
a) Put you in a queue
b) Process through the queue, calling people once they reach the top end of the queue
c) Maybe still end up on hold, but maybe only for like 20 seconds or so while the system routes the call to an available person
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Re: Bestbuy just called me to put me on hold about an order

Post by Wesley »

Yeah, any time a machine calls me to put me on hold, I hang up. I don't care if it is the police or Vanna White.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~