Ask the Zot!

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: Ask the Zot!

Post by LaLou »

I have two questions.
1 Is the movie Legends of the fall a remake of East of Eden? I suspect it is, but am not sure. I tried to google, found similarities, but what's the deal here?
2 What is the best way to tackle moisture problems in the car? It's a Chevrolet Aveo. We have so much problems with condenced windows.

PS I did see Legends of the fall entirely, just recently and the beginning of East of Eden a very long time ago.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I also deal with water inside the car that never goes away and freezes to the inside of the windows - what a pain in the bottom
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

When you run the defrost, make sure the air conditioner is also on. "But it is winter!" Yes, but the Air Conditioner removes moisture from the air. Also, when you are driving you can leave the window open a centimeter or two. This will create a venturi suction in your car and pull the moist air out.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks man! sometimes when I'm on the highway I play with the window to get it open just enough to make a terrible whistling noise.

It annoys the wife
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Also, Hollywood recycles movie plots every other generation, hoping the new generation may not catch on.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Also, Hollywood recycles movie plots every other generation, hoping the new generation may not catch on.
There's no creativity left in the world. We talked about this before, in the information age we reached the limits of our imagination. Every idea someone could possibly come up with is already a thing and you'll get sued. So 99.9% of movies are sequels, prequels, remakes, spin offs, conversions from TV, books and video games etc etc etc

Rare to never is there an original movie out these days.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

What is the plural of chicken?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

In what language, and in what context?

"Chickens" is often used, "Fowl" can be used as a mass noun to describe birds in general, Hens and Roosters are gender specific.

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

There is a simple plural of Chicken for you. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I learned at school one chicken, two chicken. The irregular plural seems to be connected to animals, like oxen or fish. So I wondered if it is the same with chicken. Maybe some antique dialect forms.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Sorry if this has been asked before, and even more sorry that I am too lazy to just look it up.

Quantum Mechanics question, specifically, Schrodinger's Cat.

The idea that the cat is in a superposition, "The cat is both alive and dead" makes no sense to me at all.
Just because there is a chance the cat is alive, as well as a chance the cat is dead, doesn't mean that it is both, it means that it is either alive or dead, you just don't know... right?

I just don't understand the explanation for Schrodinger's Cat. How can the cat be both alive and dead?

Or is that just the point of a superpostion?
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Until you observe it, it can't possibly be neither alive nor dead, right? Therefore it is both alive and dead until you, with your own little eyeballs, have a look and see which it is.

In quantum mechanics the tiny little particles have such strange behavior... many states of being at the same time.... until you observe it, the thing is a wave AND a particle.

If you are up for some reading to expand your universe, I would suggest the following:

The Fourth Dimension by Rudy Rucker

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking

Elegant Universe by Brian Greene

Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukav

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Why do I have to observe it first? That's the part that I don't understand..

If a plane takes off and leaves for Dallas, just because I don't know if ran out of fuel and crashed doesn't mean it both crashed and didn't crash, right?
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I have until at least Apr 20th to get my blood pressure down or I'll be on pills
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Clarence, I'll talk you through some relaxation techniques.

Moe, in the realm of physics, the things we think of as,"Real," only scratch the surface.

Like, if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Though we know this as a Zen koan, it has direct relationship to particle physics.

The direct item in question is an electromagnetic particle, or light wave, or both. Photons are tricky little bastards, as they have mass, or they don't but they definitely have a charge, or not. The double slit experiment shows that photons behave like waves in water, in that they interact with each other and either cancel each other out, or magnify each other. This creates the famous interference pattern. With a single slit, the photons behave like particles going through an hourglass and just scatter a little bit once they go through. With no slit, which do they do? Particle? Wave? Both? Neither? We know we are shining a light, yes? So "neither" can't be the answer. So it has to be both, since if and when we do things to the photons, we observe the aforementioned behaviors.

I love this stuff. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I think the reason my blood pressure was up cause I was literally sick for a month, aside from obvious stressers like Tee being hospitalized, I consumed all the cough medicine in the world - nyqul way too much and etc and that all raises blood pressure

I'm eating a banana a day now - I think that does something

Walking more and being healthier

I held a baby every day for the last 3 days
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

These are all good! Bananananas have Potassium, which is a diuretic and a smooth muscle relaxer; walking generally stabilizes your metabolism, reducing spikes up or down; holding a baby releases hormones into the blood. You are on the right track. Keep up the god work! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

How does The Flash / Quicksilver not wear out their sneakers?

I don't understand this. You can burn the rubber on your tires from driving too fast and stopping etc

These guys can walk a years worth in a day!

Shouldn't these heroes go through sneakers like underwear? Or were they given some kind of enhanced comic sneakers ???

Nobody ever thinks of these things but I do.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

While you are at it, wind resistance makes heat. From friction. It is why the dust that falls to Earth from space burns up and becomes a shooting star. Why are these dudes not running around naked from having their clothes burned off?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Look up 30 banana a day diet and tell me it's insane
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It is insane. When humans started cooking food, their brains got much bigger. With meat, when heat breaks down the proteins and connective tissues, the body can absorb that stuff better. Banana lady and her whole,"Please don't eat cooked food..." is nonsense.

~ Donnie Yen ~