Ask the Zot!

This is for anything that has nothing to do with my game, bored stop by and chat a while

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Ask the Zot!

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Nothing broken, but my left calf is about 20% bigger than the right one. And very tight / stiff. Limited range of motion. Nathan (my Sifu) gave me some Chinese herbs and a plaster to apply to the area so I don't make it worse while hauling washers and dryers around. He says if it is not better by Tuesday, he will do some acupuncture to it.
My pelvis is out of alignment
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Are you serious? If so, it could partly be due to your flexibility. PM me and we'll discuss this some more.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Are you serious? If so, it could partly be due to your flexibility. PM me and we'll discuss this some more.
I think I been sitting wrong at work and not exercising enough

Seeing chiropractor

Gave me special exercises to do

If all else fails I may be in for physiotherapy

Recommended I go biking again and I have been / was avoiding it cause I thought it was killing my sperm

:/
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Clarence wrote:was avoiding it cause I thought it was killing my sperm :/
I don't tink that's true, if it was, I would not have any kids.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Everyone is different, Lal. With some people, something as simple as posture can make changes to the body's ability to make viable sperm.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Credit Scores.

They talk about how you want a small amount of hard inquiries on your report, right?
So, My score was X, and had 1 hard inquiry.
This month is is X-y, and has 0 hard inquiries.
Wouldn't the hard inquiry going away increase the score? Rather than decrease it?
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Credit Scores are voodoo witch doctor black magic. And they move slowly. Next month's score will be based on last month's values. Sometimes they wait three months before making any changes. If you like, you can go directly to Experian or Equifax and see your score directly instead of going through one of those FREE CREDIT SCORE websites, because legally they have to give you your score for free.

So the credit companies like to see a high balance, but they like to see regular payments as well. Best case, you pay for everything in a month with your credit card, then pay it all off to zero each month. Like the tide coming in and going out, your balance should look the same. A few months of this and your score will go up.

Or, just pay cash for everything, screw the system.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Open up more credit cards, one for every bank you can find

Your credit will be sooo good after that

P.S. no don't do that lol
Moe

Post by Moe »

I don't use 'cash' per se, but I use my debit card which is just drawing it out of my bank account, so in that sense of the idea, it's pretty much using cash
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

moe wrote:I don't use 'cash' per se, but I use my debit card which is just drawing it out of my bank account, so in that sense of the idea, it's pretty much using cash
I have one credit card with Tee authorized and she has one with me authorized

I use my credit card all the time and my pay just goes right on it

But as life goes on the balance I carry seems to not go down like I want it too...

Not good
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

How do you overcome jet lag? A Google search produced a lot of information on how to avoid jet lag and none on how to get over it.
πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

There is no quick way. I've found that getting up earlier and earlier once you get back to your "home" time zone is not bad, but if you don't have time for that, the best way I've found is to do a wraparound. Stay up your normal hours even if it means going a full day with only a couple of power naps. Then when you can, get in bed a little earlier than normal and sleep as late as you can and still make your appointments. 10 or 20 minute naps sprinkled strategically through the day can make it a little more bearable.

Sadly, the body and brain both need sleep, so there is no quick and easy fix for not getting it.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Does keeping water in a fridge(or freezer) when there isn't a lot of stuff in it save energy?
I mean, I keeps its temperature pretty well and then creates less cooling for the system to worry about, but does it save enough energy to be a plausible solution to reducing your electric bill?

As someone with not a lot in my fridge, I'm curious

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

The idea is that whenever you open the door, you lose all the cold air and the freezer has to cool it all off again. So if you have less air because there is a bunch of water in there, then the thing does not have to work as hard. As a bonus, the water or ice acts as a heat sink, so any warm air that does get in is neutralized.

Will it save you money? Sure, maybe $1.43 a year. Modern appliances are low energy and very efficient, and don't cost very much to run. Older appliances had big compressors that used more juice, as well as bricks for insulation. With newer stuff you don't have to worry about that.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Where do 'lost' texts go? I read somewhere that they can get sent to the wrong contact and this concerns me somewhat (my phone has major issues with receiving texts, so it's anyone's guess what it might do with sending, though that's not relevant).

Is it similar to the crossed wire phone line thing you explained to me a while ago?
πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Not as familiar with this one, but from what I know it is possible for the encoded data -- which is bounced around dozens of towers in the network -- can share a similar signal with another packet of data just the right shape and size, and can get sorted into the wrong batch. It does not happen every time, so no worries that anyone is seeing pictures of my cat when I meant to send it to my brother.

Other times that a text is "lost" can be when the packet is just the same size and shape as one that was already delivered, so the tower thinks your text was sent when it really just went nowhere.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

So most likely it either went to someone at random, rather than another one of my contacts, or didn't go anywhere?
πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It is more likely that it went nowhere. Possibly a random number. Not very likely that it went to a different person in your contact list.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

When u need to make a decision in life , listen to your heart or listen to your brain?
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Eff wrote:When u need to make a decision in life , listen to your heart or listen to your brain?
This is a tricky one. Your heart sometimes says,"I want ice cream all day every day!" You know you can't do that. Your brain knows you can't do that. Other times your brain may say,"It is silly to waste a few dollars on that funny hat..." but it truly makes you happy on a day when you are sad.

When it comes to more important decisions like buying a house or quitting a job, it helps to look at today, at a week from now, at a year from now, and when you are old. How will this decision affect you in those times? If you think a decision is the "right" decision but you look at the future and see deep sadness, maybe it is a wrong decision. if you see sadness in a week but happiness in a year, maybe go with that.

It gets more tricky for you since you have other people to whom you are responsible... the kids. Now your decisions need to be doubled since they are involving your heart and your brain, and what is "best" for the kids. Same rules apply, though. What if it makes the kids happy, but makes you sad now, in a week, in a year, etc.? Very tricky.

~ Donnie Yen ~