~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by LaLou »

I got scorned (by hubby) for using an on-line password generator. He thinks "they" use it to get into my account. I think he is wrong, "they" don't know what website it is for and "they" don' know my username.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Even worse, Lalou, I use a software that syncs with my phone, that generates passwords and logs me into websites
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I noticed that since I don't move heavy furniture six days a week any more, I have started to get soft.
To remedy this, I did a little workout yesterday. Um, I overdid it a little. Pulled something in my back... and the mild inflammation caused pressure on the nerves and stuff... did not sleep well.

But today is a new day! Hooray! :)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

The college promised us at first that we won't lose our semester because the the longest recorded strike in the promise lasted three weeks. We're now entering week 4 and they changed it to say we won't lose our year and there's no news of a settlement.

We are now being told that when the strike eventually ends anything can happen between weekend or evening classes, extending the semester into the holidays or January, and even taking away our study week in the next semester.

How is this acceptable? I didn't do anything wrong. Same with all the other students. We payed to be here to study and we get punished for this.

Absolute febreeze.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Moe

Post by Moe »

Starting on the 29th, I will work from 6AM to 2:30 PM. The only time since April that I have woken up that early was 1 time in August when I had training.. Otherwise I normally get up at 11:30. Luckily I have 3 weeks or so to to get used to waking up earlier.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Rotating your sleep schedule is always a challenge. Whew!

Today I plan to do something about my toolbox.

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Today for the first time since I purchased it August 28th, I am able to use my new laptop without it causing the internet to shut down. Turned out it was a combination of factors causing this. It was the WAN ports, the automatic updates and some settings to the router.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Had something weird with the guts lately. I believe it is referred to as a UIBO, Upper Intestinal Bacterial Overcolonization. Last night it presented itself as an odd and persistent stomach ache, with mild cramping in the back. Frustrating, uncomfortable, and a little painful. Maybe more than a little. Once I got back to sleep I slept through the night, and the whole mess was down to very mild, barely noticeable when I woke up. This morning as I sip coffee I will be doing research on treatment.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:Rotating your sleep schedule is always a challenge. Whew!
Especially considering, as it currently stands, I go to bed at 3:00 AM, and then I will have to get up at 4:00AM.

Luckily I have two weeks to transition that to: Getting up at 7/8, and going to bed at 11/12. Then I have top days off to turn that into getting up at 4, and going to bed at probably 9

I already informed my buddies that the nights of staying up late playing video games is soon to come to and end.. Which sucks since he works overnight, so that's simply when he's awake!

And the day rotation change is iffy too. On the rotation I am going to, I would have had thanksgiving and the day after off, and work Christmas. With my current rotation, I work Thanksgiving and would have Christmas off.
Now I get the worst of both and work Thanksgiving AND Christmas.. Whoops

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I took apart one of those headphone displays you see in Best Buy or some other electronics store.
I wanted the led light displays from it. It was in a building that used to be H H Gregg before they went out of business.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I've been ruminating today about Fate. Love. Destiny. The nature of the Universe. Your past and your future are like a teeter totter and Now is the balance point.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Tee covered the house in Christmas lights :o
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Brother came to visit this weekend. It was nice hanging out, catching up, getting food, going shooting,
tinkering, telling jokes, all that stuff. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Clarence wrote:Tee covered the house in Christmas lights :o
Photo please?
Yesterday I had my last chemo. I seem to be handling it pretty well. I don't feel sick, have not lost my hair. It did not help a lot though. On the plus side, I did not get worse either. Now they are going to try another medicine and if that does not help (enough) I am going to need a lung transplant. I'm loking forward to be able to breath normally again.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Today I deleted some spam users, and I practiced some French. Not a bad start to the day.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Lalou, I'm sorry things didn't improve much, and that more extreme measures maybe needed, but I'm very glad it seems as though there is a light at the end of this tunnel for you.

My little cereals are with their father until tomorrow, so I spent last night with a friend. Today will be spent catching up on wrapping, and decorating my house for Christmas.
Moe

Post by Moe »

My folks got a Christmas tree yesterday, today my mother's side of the family is all getting together for Thanksgiving.

Last night I had a really weird dream...
So, I was at my parents' place, and I fell, and got some chunk of metal stuck in my leg... When that piece of metal got taken out, I had a chunk of my leg, about the size of a tennis ball missing from the front of my leg, right above my foot... What the smurf kind of dream is that? And it would have been one thing if that was it, but the dream continued into me basically going through a regular day with this, but at the same time it didn't hurt or anything, so just any time I looked down, there was a chunk missing.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Dreams can be crazy. I love that stuff. :)

Yesterday I visited some friends and we played board games and socialized. Nice evening.

Today I am visiting a friend's mother in the hospital.

Then going to the target range with BoGZ.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Why are you all starting Christmas so early??
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

Not me, there is not a Christmas related thing in my apartment

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men