~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Wesley »

I made a "proof of concept" one meter Santoku knife out of plexiglass. Did not turn out as expected, but I got an idea. It is too clear, almost invisible. Not what I was going for. I decided to paint the back of it silver, so you can see through the front, read the logo, but the silver will keep it from being invisible. I have to remember to take a few pics.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:I made a "proof of concept" one meter Santoku knife out of plexiglass. Did not turn out as expected, but I got an idea. It is too clear, almost invisible. Not what I was going for. I decided to paint the back of it silver, so you can see through the front, read the logo, but the silver will keep it from being invisible. I have to remember to take a few pics.
Dude! An invisible knife is the stealthiest weapon you could have !!

When the police say "Drop your weapons!!" you can be like

"Dude, this is just a handle"

Police: "Oh, ok then, you're cool"
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I just learned Ursula le Guin has died. She is the author of Earthsea. This book introduced me to the fantasy genre. Normally I don't feel emotional when a famous person dies, I don't feel connected I guess. Even when George Micheal died, of who I am a big fan, I did not feel emotional. But now I do feel a little sad.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Spent some time with a bunch of old friends last night. Some of these people I've known for 34 years! We ate food, drank beers, played video games, told stories. It was good all around, energizing for the soul.

A funny thing, though... one of my friends -- somewhat drunk at the time -- kept politely insisting that everywhere I go I have a small arsenal of guns. "You brought the guns, right?" Dude, it is night, and it is cold outside.... "But you brought a bunch of guns, right?!?!" Ha ha h haa!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Hot water went out last night! I took a [very] cold shower before I went to bed, then texted my landlord this morning (which she didn't see anyways, but whatever, I ran into her husband who would be the one doing anything with it when I got home from work today)
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Good weekend. Visited a few friends, played Cribbage, shot guns, watched some Olympics, had Thai food.
Let's see what this week brings. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Did my part time job, then got a call from my friend with the sauce company. Several peoplpe were sick,
so they really needed my help. So I helped make sauce for about 4 hours, then changed my clothes and went back to the part time job. Immediately after that, I helped a friend do some painting in his old house. It was a busy day, but I did not hate it.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Somewhere between December and January and February, my electric usage jumped significantly, and I have no idea why
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Moe, even if you have a gas furnace, it needs electricity to run the blower and whatnot. All households use more energy when it is colder.

My water pump is going bad. It still pumps, but the seals are going bad so it leaks. A friend is going to loan me his car for my sales show this weekend. If I finish my part time job early, I may be able to change the pump today.

You know, I should probably not be driving my car like this....

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

I should clarify. My electric usage somehow doubled what it was last January/February.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Are you sure nobody is tapping your system illegaly to grow weed?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

That is odd, Moe. Maybe call the power company to have them check the meter.

I spent the weekend at a friend's house, and the power was out the whole time. Bad wind storm blew down many trees, so 200,000 houses lost power. In the middle of all that, I was selling my knives at the Maryland Home and Garden show. All in all,
it was not a bad weekend, full of the stuff you tell stories about later.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Took tomorrow off to visit my grandpa in the hospital (he is having surgery tomorrow), but now they moved the surgery to Wednesday.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

On Tuesday I saw Sabaton with BoGZ and Ninja. Very good show! Well, the openers were nothing to cheer about, but Sabaton.... wow. These guys are professional. Clean, energetic music, inspirational lyrics taken from History, fun interactions on stage, good times! The only real negative was the drive home took almost three hours because of the weather,
so I got less than 4 hours of sleep before I had to do my part-time job. And now I have a head cold, sore throat and minor chest inflammation as well. Not enjoying it, but if I had to do it again, I would. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Moe wrote:Took tomorrow off to visit my grandpa in the hospital (he is having surgery tomorrow), but now they moved the surgery to Wednesday.
My grandpa's surgery had seemed to go well, and he seemed to be doing well in ICU, up until he started bleeding again (they think that maybe high blood pressure unclotted the clots), and they had to rush him back into the ER. This second round of recovery seems to be going better than the last one. The nurses were feeding him ice chips, which he felt pretty proud about.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Changed the water pump in my car yesterday. The job started out okay, then I realized I was missing a tool.
Well, I could not drive my car because I had already taken the fan off. So I rode my bike up to the hardware store to get a 12mm allen wrench, or hex key, depending on who taught you to torque a bolt. They didn't have one. So I rode my bike back past my house and went the other direction to an auto parts store. They didn't have it, either. So I rode back home, having wasted an hour, and removed the belt the hard way, which was two hands on a screwdriver gently prying from underneath.

Long story short, I got the job done, but it was not fun. Now I am a little sore from bending over under the car.

But hey, that which does not kill us makes us stronger?

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Once we get a nice day out, on days that I do not work, I am going to start building a shelving unit. It will go in one of the corners, and under the window next to that corner.

I bought the wood, now I need to buy the stain and screws, then I need to build it.I have a small dinky shelf I stole when I moved out that my printer is sitting on, and this shelf is going where that one is.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

I recently discovered this gem, and laughed so hard

NELG: Reaper Edition

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I think my shoulder is well enough to start exercising again. :)

Also, it is just me and BoGZ here, so that cake I made a few days ago has been breakfast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL1VfPlVuCE

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Had a sales show this weekend. Not bad. We'll see if my technique of the "Slow Sale" pays off. One nice older lady said that she got her tax return and was going to buy some Cutco, but saw my knives and liked them much better! :)
I gave her my card and I expect to hear from her this week.

~ Donnie Yen ~