what annoys the hell out of you?

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: what annoys the hell out of you?

Post by Moe »

I don't understand what the problem is;
Tomorrow we have a wedding that is 2 hours away.
The wedding is at 4, my mother has to be there around 10 because she is taking the pictures.
Meaning that she wants to leave around 8 AM.

I am an overnight, my entire schedule revolves around me sleeping during the day, being awake at night.
If you want to be specific, I usually sleep from 6AM to 1PM.
I could very easily sleep until 12-1, and be on my normal amount of sleep (which was half her argument, me driving while tired)
drive that 2 hours, be there on time, then drive myself home.
"I dont see the point in taking 2 cars"
how about the fact that I DONT have to be there at 10 AM, and the fact that afterwards, you guys aren't going home, but going 30 miles in the other direction to stay in a hotel for you to run a 5K in the morning, and being there all day, and the fact that rather than me being able to retain my sleep schedule, you want me to take it and throw it out of the smurf window

"You can sleep in the car"
aside from the fact that to me 2 hours of sleep is literally worthless and that it takes me almost an hour to even fall asleep anyways, so it would only actually be 1 hour of sleep, I'll be falling asleep at the smurf wedding ceremony, and will end up going to work Sunday night after being awake for like 12 hours before hand, then driving home from work on 21 hours of being awake which is somehow preferable to me driving 2 hours on normal sleep.

The only part of my weekend and her weekend that is similar is the one event, yet somehow the idea of me driving myself is the most horrific idea she's heard all smurf year.

Sorry, I don't get upset often, but this did it for me.
Wouldn't be so bad, but I literally just got my sleep schedule fixed and really don't want to smurf it over again
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

People who don't work 2nd and 3rd shifts simply do not understand. Good luck, friend.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

There is a spot halfway where the road splits, the left goes to the wedding, the right to where her 5k is, i ended up driving halfway, meeting them there.

Still had to get up early, but this way I can at least go home after and get proper sleep. It will just be a long day (up at 8am bed at 6am), that's fine, when I still worked Saturdays I'd be up for almost 30 hours on friday.

*Edit* I'll get home at like 11, but then staying up until 6

*Second Edit* Actually, my brother had woken me up at 830 "You coming?" So I get up, go downstairs, and dad says "do you coming with us or driving down later" because apparently mother had decided that fine if I want to drive myself that's fine, but of course they tell me that after I'm already up and dressed and is pointless for me to go back to bed.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

My night manager texting me about how "I heard a cashier complaint about you, that makes four if I hear another one you'll be fired" but like, I literally have no idea what any of the complaints about me are, and if previous issues with him are any indicator, he'll hear something from another employee, take it as fact, because of course it's the truth. (Same one that multiple times accused me of trying to steal his job when I had literally done nothing to try to get his job)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Like he won't tell me what the complaints are because he's worried that it will give away who he hears his stuff from and whatever, but that's not how complaints work, right? Like sure you don't have to tell me the who but at least the what I allegedly did.. like my front end manager? She will straight up say "hey I was told you did this" or "so and so said you did this"

And then there's the fact that he's "hearing that whatever" means, if I translate properly, he's hearing from someone other than the source, here let me pull a direct quote "You need to get your shazam! together don't mess with anybody at work cause I know who the last complaint came from or you will be fired"

That, to me at least, says "hey, I have a third party source of what goes on"
But then he'll take what that person says as matter of fact.
Here's the thing, I've worked there longer than him (albeit by only a few months), so I well know who the peiple are that go around telling people stuff, so if I really wanted to, I could probably figure out who is telling him his shazam!.

That'd what pisses me off though, he takes a story from a third party source as matter of fact, without even attempting to hear any other perspective of what happened.

Right and then he refuses to talk to in person about any of this. He'll always text me about whatever shazam!, every once in awhile he'll say something like "next time we work together we need to talk about this" or "our work dynamic is going to change after this" then like right before work he'll text me something like "I changed my mind and will forgive you this time" like wtf? I still don't even know what the problem is and now you're going to forgive me for something I don't even know what it is? That makes no smurf sense.

And then I'm being unprofessional and jabberwocky about it on the internet, so that's great too

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

To be honest. And it isn't just this, but I almost want to talk to the store manager about trying to get off of nights.

Nights in general have screwed me over in the past, and now with me being sick if dealing with this shazam! just kind of makes me think I should see if I can go back to days.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Not knowing what you did "wrong" really sucks. Probably told someone they took too long at break, so they complained about you to someone else. Silly shazam! like that. This guy who won't talk to you face to face? You have to call him, come in early, whatever, and put him on the spot. "I'm trying to improve, but if I don't know what I am doing wrong, how can I become a better employee?" Something like that. Having this mysterious and terminable offense hanging over your head is nonsense. I'd contemplate going straight to the top to find out what the hell is going on.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

And then I have days like today, I got here at 830, truck won't be here until 1145, so I'm just sitting here waiting for the truck for 3 hours. Easiest 3 hours you can get, also frustrating though XP
Sorry. I was gonna reply to your post zot but then my phone froze up on me and I never got back to it.

It was gonna be something along the lines of how when he isn't picking issue, he actually is a fairly decent person, so out of respect for that, I kind of want to see if I can get off nights and keep the whole thing as clean as possible, however, if need be, I'm also making sure I'm prepared for if it turns into something more than his poor ability to deal with problems.
Main thing I'm concerned about it "hey store director, what are the chances of me getting off nights and keeping my full time" and him saying "well why do you need off nights?" And "I'd have to find someone else that can work nights"

I kinda want to get off nights anyways because our produce manager is potentially looking into a new job, and I want to go for his spot, and being on nights would make the store manager that much more likely to try to decline me that spot, whereas if I'm on days he can't try to hold the "but who would work nights then" again me.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

when one of my friends has a miserable awful day and I can't do anything to make it better... :(

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

moe wrote:when one of my friends has a miserable awful day and I can't do anything to make it better... :(
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

That is a fantastic book! Read it to Ninja when he was a little kid.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Got one of those semi-robo-calls just now. No biggie, but they asked for my mom and for whatever reason, it briefly put me into a white hot rage.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Moe

Post by Moe »

As someone who is rather tech savvy, and usually tries to keep up with new tech stuff, I'm really struggling with this one.

The other day, I was at Wal-Mart. This woman, probably mid 40's?(not that age really matters I suppose)

But she was looking for a new TV. Except for one thing, she told the store associate that she wanted a new TV, but it had to have a VGA port in it.
In case you aren't sure what a VGA port is, here is a quick picture.

So, I'm lost, because I just can't think of a reason why someone would absolutely NEED this port on a TV. None of the conventional media player devices (DVD Player, Cable Boxes).
Here's what I got. Maybe they like to plug their laptop into their TV. Maybe that's a functionality they would like to keep. This means that their old TV had a VGA port. Every TV I can think of that had a VGA port on it, was an HD TV, meaning they are probably going from an HD tv to a larger HD TV. That's fine, but they already have an HD TV. If plugging you laptop into your TV is that important to you though, you (or at least, I) might upgrade your laptop first. Pretty much any laptop you buy in the present day will at least have an HDMI option, which every single HD TV you buy right now will also have.
Because if that laptop is that important to you, you will probably upgrade it at some point anyways due to aging technology becoming aged, and then that newer laptop will have HDMI, and then the "I needed a VGA port on my TV, so I probably didn't get as good of a TV as I otherwise could have gotten" turns into "shazam!, if I bought the new laptop first, I could have gotten this TV that was better, but doesn't have that VGA port I thought I needed"

Hell, even my cheap bottom $250 laptop I bought from Wal-Mart like 3 years ago has an HDMI port on it.

I get the wanting a bigger/better TV, but if plugging your older computer device that only has a VGA port on it is really that important, it would probably make more sense to get a newer computer device first.
As always with me, there is probably a common sense reason that she actually does need that VGA port that I'm missing, but idk, if there is, then I'm missing it.

All in all, that being said, most TVs nowadays probably will have that VGA port on them(maybe not, I haven't gone TV shopping in a while), so I guess it's not a big deal, Again, "Hell..." My monitor that I picked up for $200, which is a newer monitor, still has a VGA port on it. So if my monitor that ws made rather recently, to be used with computers, which most newer computers don't have [a VGA port], has a VGA port, most TVs probably will to?

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Perhaps she didn't know that she could use an HDMI cable.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

I actually think I'm more annoyed by the fact that I'm still thinking about this, moreso than I'm annoyed by her TV buying needs.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I thought that was the case but also that putting forward a possible explanation might let you stop dwelling on it.

I thought I'd made progress with a goal of mine last week. I was so proud of myself and then yesterday one little thing made me realise that actually I was completely wrong. I'm so annoyed at how long this is taking me. I have a time scale for this and I am absolutely nowhere near where I need to be with it by now.

I'd told a friend less than an hour earlier about the progress I'd made and she was so pleased for me and on a petty level that now means everything she said about me isn't true.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Took a friend to get his car dropped of to be fixed. After trying myself to get it started.

Took him this morning to pick it up, after being fixed. this evening he calls me; car's dead.

Um, 12 hours has to be a new record from when a car is given the green light to when it is dead.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Doesn't "annoy the hell out of me" per se, in fact, I actually enjoy this.. but, even though I thought we had a more fitting topic I could not find one.

So, When a shift at work is short on staff, we do overtime, first it goes to the most senior people that sign up. When we run out of sign ups, it then gets mandated to the least senior person that hasn't been mandated yet that pay period. It resets every pay period.. So newer people get forced more often, and more senior people almost never (This part is kinda annoying).

Every once in awhile, like this pay period, the mandated overtime list gets pretty high up in seniority.

So, on Wednesday, on of my more senior coworkers, let's call him Jonathan, got mandated OT, then the need for OT went away (construction coverage ended), so he got told they didn't need him anymore (since he did not stay, it does not count as his mandated OT. For whatever reason, him being told he could go never got updated in the schedule. Yesterday someone, to use his words, ratted him out (He thought they did today, but that's besides the point). So today, he got mandated OT, and was really salty about how he "only got it because someone couldn't keep their mouth shut". and that "They had to do it on Father's Day".

I'm sorry bud, but you should have said something like, you know, the next day? So nobody really feels bad for you and your "This is only the second time in the last 2 years". Yeah, you aren't really helping your case.

Anyways, I was talking to the person who did snitch on him, and we had a good laugh about it, and his saltiness about it.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men