what annoys the hell out of you?

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Re: what annoys the hell out of you?

Post by Wesley »

How does one score an opinion-based question? I've heard English teachers describe a film in one way, when the director clearly states the opposite in behind the scenes interviews.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

"the picture being blue represents sadness" or maybe "The artist just liked that color"
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

GreatZot wrote:How does one score an opinion-based question? I've heard English teachers describe a film in one way, when the director clearly states the opposite in behind the scenes interviews.
It's based on how informed you are on your answer and how full your answer was. But to get a 0 on a question would mean I didn't answer it.

It's either he entered an incorrect mark by mistake or he's arrogant. (Thinks his interpretation is the right answer).
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Now i'm very curious on what the questions were and what you answered.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I sent him an email and it took him a week to respond but he realized it was a mistake and raised it to a 6 which is much more accurate.

He doesn't seem very reliable and I have a class with him next semester!
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Maybe it took him some time to think about it and to check it again?
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

bella wrote:Maybe it took him some time to think about it and to check it again?
Well the day he responded was the morning of our next class so I assume he's just not a computer person.

Moe

Post by Moe »

Night manager thinks I'm after his job again.
Apparently he's gonna talk to me tonight about it and, to use his words "the way we work together is gonna change"

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to take an absolute back seat to absolutely everything when it comes around him to the point where it pisses him off that im letting him to absolutely all the decision making.

Also to use his words "he's getting to old to keep doing this" or "he's been doing this for too long" but any point when I try to step up to make the job that he's, and again, to use his words, is "getting to old to keep doing", I'm after his job. So basically I'm going to take his "the way we work together is going to change" seriously, whether he means to or not, and let him to absolutely all the deciding, and next time something needs to get brought up to the store manager, I'll let him do it, which will be exciting to see since they never see each other.

If he wants to play ball, I'll go along with his pissing and moaning and let him play ball
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

How old is he really? And would that mean that on his day (or more accurate night) off you get to call him in case of an incident?
That would make me laugh.
Moe

Post by Moe »

He's 40 something, he's been doing nights (between here and Super One) for like 10-14 years

Actually, he's gone (after tonight) for the next week so...

I'm genuinely curious as to what it is that I'm doing that makes him feel threatened about his job. Also, if I was going for his job that would imply that I plan on working there for the long term. I recently got given full time (they gave it to me to try to keep me from leaving, because I was planning to), and sure, that lengthened how long I'm going to be here, but only by like a year or so.

The funny thing is, next week after he got back from vacation I was going to see if I could go to days, which could have potentially happened because there is a day person I know wants to go to nights

The best part about that is, the person that wants to go to nights was frozen/dairy manager for awhile and might actually want the night manager Job.

Also, there are a lot of things that I did because that's how they were always done so I started to assume he wanted it done the same way, but now I'm going to make sure I pass everything through him first.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Well, to my non-surprise we reached a resolution. This afternoon he texted me and said "with this other shazam! I'm just letting it go and move on" truck isnt getting here until 10 tonight so there would have been more than enough time to talk to me about it.

Shame I was prepared to give him a piece of my mind... In the passive aggressive way that I do.

I'm usually pretty good at punctuation in texts but I stoppee punctuating texts to him because h never punctuates and it is my subtle way of reminding myself that I lost an ounce of respect for him for consistently thinking I'm after his job. I've been on nights 2 years now if I was after his job I would have done something by now

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

moe wrote:I'm genuinely curious as to what it is that I'm doing that makes him feel threatened about his job.
Maybe you're doing a better job at it and he knows that.
Moe

Post by Moe »

I wouldn't go so far as to say "better"

I did tell him that "Simple as this, if I'm doing something you don't like, just tell me and I'll stop"

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I wish I was a bus driver. Apparently you can just decide that you don't want to do your job.

Moe

Post by Moe »

When people don't reply, or worse, stop replying halfway through.
Last night I had texted one of my coworkers to see if she worked tomorrow (today),
She had said that no, she did not work tomorrow (today).

I told her that I didn't know if I would be back in time for my shift at 4, so I might need her to work part of my shift for me.
no response.

Now I know that I will in fact, be home on time, but since she didn't reply, I don't know if I bother telling her? Was she able to work part of my shift today? I don't know. Did she ask someone else if they could work that part of my shift? I don't know. Did she somehow just not see the text and wouldn't know what I was talking about if I bothered to follow up? I DONT KNOW

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

This is a rant in parts, which all are related:
Someone asked me if I could sew something for them. They wanted (I already might have mentioned it before, not sure though) dresses so they could go visit children's birthday parties dressed up as princess. Think Disney princesses, Jasmin, Belle, Elsa.
I am very good at sewing, very good, and although I was a little reluctant, I agreed because at that time I had nothing better to do.

1>
So typical;
Then I don't hear from then in months, actually almost a year. Then I get an e-mail on Friday, late in the afternoon. If I can have it finished by Monday. I didn't read the mail until Saturday evening, because, let's face it, I'm not glued to my computer and have loads of other stuff to do, especially since I had been gone for three days. Mailed back, sorry no can do Monday, will be Tuesday afternoon. (Yes I managed that, yay me! Although it's not the quality that I'm used to deliver, but what the heck, see 2)
Call them Tuesday, I'm done, come pick it up, made appointment for Wednesday 11:30.
At 10:00 they call, can't make it. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Now they come on Friday.

2>
And then there's the financial part of it. We agreed to 200 euro per dress. Mind you, that includes drawing a pattern FROM SCRATCH. Yes, I am good at that too.
In their e-mail they offered me 100 euro per dress.
My daughter S told me, that if they want to pay 100 euro they should not get the 200 euro quality, and she's right. Although it pains me, I'll give them a 100 euro quality.
They asked someone else before me and they charged 800 euro. So to cut back like that feels like a total under appreciation for what I do and a stab in the back. They have no idea how much work goes into something like this.
Yes, it hurts.

3>
It took so long for them to get back at me, that I had the time to find out what I want to do with the rest of my life, and that is not sewing. So I already told them that I would make what we agreed to, that is two dresses for the Elsa character, (one for her and one for a stand-in). And I now made the top for the Jasmin character, (for her. She had a baby and the old top didn't fit anymore.)
After two days of sewing I now remember why I shouldn't do it. My back hurts like hell and I feel so angry when I'm sewing. I remember that they always want to pay less then it's worth and they always want it done yesterday.
And I am psychologically not aggressive enough to tell it to them if they want something that is not possible.
Somehow I highly doubt if they accept me not wanting to do this.

4>
Another reason why I don't want to have to deal with them anymore, is that she is trying (without her being aware of it!) to decide what I have to do with my future. I should do "this" and make "that", she'll help me with it.
Please let me make my own decisions about my future, I'm very capable of doing so, but alas, like I said, I am psychologically not aggressive enough to go against it.

So right now I feel angry, sad, annoyed like hell. I feel like I wasted time doing something that I don't like doing, while I didn't do the things I wanted and needed to do.
(I'm making a book on tatting at which I haven't been able to work on for two weeks, which frustrates me!)

Thanks for reading this, I think I'm going to look at some funny cat video's, that will cheer me up.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Oh, wat the Heck. I kust decideď that I will tell them how I veel about it. After all, wat is the worst hing that could happen. That they stop liking me? Big deal!
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Good, Lalou. You've gotta stand up for yourself. You're worth it. :)
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Autocorrect, I officially hate you. How can I turn you off?
LaLou wrote:Oh, wat the Heck. I kust decided that I will tell them how I veel about it. After all, wat is the worst hing that could happen. That they stop liking me? Big deal!
That was posted on my tablet, I was not drunk.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I didn't notice any of that. My brain apparently autocorrected it.