The little things.

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Re: The little things.

Post by Dowster »

Deciding to indulge instead of having an actual dinner

A whole camembert cooked in the oven with a few layers of bacon on top, with some toasted ciabatta on the side

Yes, I am only posting about food today. See you again in about a week or so ;)
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I haven't taken my PPIs for several weeks and I have had zero problems with heartburn or acid reflux. :D
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Mildly Interesting Fact: My right hand is slightly bigger than my left.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I posted a message in a group Skype chat yesterday, then thought better of it and deleted it. A friend bothered to message me later on and check that I was okay, assuming that it meant I wanted to talk about something and couldn't. I usually brush her off because I'm horrible but I took her up on her offer and although she couldn't actually help, she was really supportive. It means a lot to me that even though I barely see friends in person now and am shitty at making the effort to talk to them, they're still there for me.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

Normally when I leave for work, or leave the house period, I'll give Mother a hug, and Father a pat on the shoulder, and call it good bye.

Yesterday, I was leaving for work, I got to the porch, and my nephew got really upset, because I didn't kiss him goodbye.
So, I come back in, look at his face (We had BBQ'd Chicken), and thought 'Yeah, I can do that pretend kiss that you always do with kids'
So I do that, and he gets mad again because "Moe moe didn't give me a *real* kiss.."
Okay, so I have to do this, I look at his messy face, and know he will get upset if I fake out a kiss again.

The second I got to the car, I looked in the rearview mirror to make sure my face was still clean, and it was, so I was good xP

I just thought it was adorable that for the first time ever, he got upset because I didn't tell him bye as I was leaving!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Bella and Eff having the same post count

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Being able to have my backdoor open all day.
Moe

Post by Moe »

My older brother pronouncing "faux" like "fox"

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I was a bit upset about something earlier and a friend of mine picked up on this and drew me a little picture and told me things would be okay. I know she's not got anything to base that on, but right now I don't care. It was a sweet thing to do.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

Cho wrote:I was a bit upset about something earlier and a friend of mine picked up on this and drew me a little picture and told me things would be okay. I know she's not got anything to base that on, but right now I don't care. It was a sweet thing to do.
:<3: -- I don't break these our often, but it's for you.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Was looking up Pokemon stuff, because idk tbh, but I was.

One of the things that came up was that someone asked how to evolve Mew into Mewtwo
First off, Mew does not evolve, and definitely not into Mewtwo.

Most of the comments said that, so that's great.

One of the comments though, said "If any of them eveolved it would be Mewtwo into Mew because Mewtwo came first but no legendary evolves"

Which is even more stupid, if you know anything about Pokemon.

Gen 1 when Mew was first introduced, it is introduced as "The ancestor of all Pokemon"
Also in Gen 1, when Mewtwo is introduced, you are told that "Mewtwo is a failed attempt to clone Mew"

The fact that this was posted on a Pokemon based site, and is clearly ignorance of the topic the site is based on, made me smile, also mildly frustrated.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

It's been so dry for weeks and so warm the last few days. Now I'm sitting here, window open, it's raining, thunderstorm coming my way. Saying I love this is a massive understatement. The gusts of cool air coming in, the smell of the rain after such a long dry period, even the sound of the thunder. The cat laying beside me on the table. I'm so happy right now.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I love that kind of weather. :)
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I want to strip and go dance in the rain.
Moe

Post by Moe »

How when you go to move out on your own for the first time, and everyone is all like "Oh, hey! I have this that I don't need! You want it?"
Or how one of my coworkers was like "Hey, I have some pots and pans of my dads that I could probably get you!" Now that's something! Not only was it like "They were mine then I bought new ones" they are more personal in that "These were my dad's and I just don't know what to do with them"

I told someone(and, as far as kitchenware goes, this is true), that, all I have to my name is a pizza cutter, and god damn it it's the only pizza cutter in this house and they are going to miss it!

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

Every year at Christmas, my dad's family has a big party. This was the first one without my dad there. My aunt (his little sister) brought a live-sized cardboard cutout of a guy from Duck Dynasty, put a pic of my dad's face on it, and put my dad's favorite drink in his hand. I spent the night laughing instead of crying. Another aunt (dad's sister in law) busted out the Kahlua and vodka, and we did a black Russian toast to my dad. We also do a white elephant gift exchange every year. This year it was a blind one. My aunt (same one who brought Johnny Paper) brought a build your own six pack as her gift. She couldn't find my favorite beer, but found another German one and put that in there, in hopes that I'd get it. I did not, but the thought was really sweet. She and I went from seeing each other only at Christmas time to being really close when my dad was sick, so that meant a lot to me.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

What's a white elephant gift exchange.?
chex

Post by chex »

Each person who brings a gift, takes turns opening a present. When it's your turn, you can choose to steal from someone or open a new gift. Each gift can be stolen a max of three times.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Today we encountered a very angry and aggressive man. At some point this man tried to attack me. Hubby, who is normally very relaxed and NEVER EVER angry, charged at this man. He took off.
No one got hurt, but I realized that I do love this man. He did something so out of his comfort zone for me, my heart melted.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I ordered some books on Bol.com. Turned out I still had a coupon for 10 euro open with them.
Nice surprise.