New Years '16

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

New Years '16

Post by Moe »

Resolutions?

I had one, but I already did it (had come up with it back in November).... so... I need a new one
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Re: New Years '16

Post by Wesley »

I sort of did some of my stuff in 2015. I do, however, have some fundamental changes I'd like to do for the rest of my life, which starts in 2016 I guess. I'd like to waste less time. Sounds pretty simple, but think about the time you waste while at work, school, in the car, at home, everywhere. Sometimes we think we are at peace, when we are just putting things off. I'm going to try to reduce that.

Also, new roof on my house, new hot water heater, new fuse box, finish the basement, cut down those two pine trees, and if everything works out, remove and replace the deck behind my house.

There, now I have a vague Universal resolution, as well as some solid physical ones. Good luck!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Last year my resolution was to be more social, creative, and adventurous. I only completed the latter. Take 2.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

2016, so I have 16 resolutions. Some are easy and achievable, whereas some I'll probably screw up. I've made a list and then a long explanation of why, which probably was not necessary.

- Be less of a jabberwocky
- Become a more exciting person
- Lose weight
- Take more pride in my appearance
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Be in a relationship
- Be better at replying to texts
- Keep hair in a better condition
- Learn how to style hair nicely, rather than hedgily
- Give therapy a chance
- Pass current module
- Start work on project
- Be more optimistic (and carry on with three good things list)
- Be a better driver
- Find a job I enjoy more
- Believe in myself

I'm going through a phase of not liking much about myself. I say phase, but it's lasted so long it probably doesn't count as a phase. Right now I like pretty much nothing about myself (can't think of anything I like about myself right now, other than my good taste in friends), and as one of last year's resolutions was to do something about things I wasn't happy with, I'm setting a few resolutions to do with self-improvement. The meeting new people one is because I hardly ever get to see my friends and it's really lonely. I think it was a resolution for this year but if so I messed it up. The relationship one is stupid because I don't think I'm in a place where I'd be able to cope with a relationship, but I'm nearly twenty and haven't been in a real relationship. The text one is because I reply terribly slowly to texts, hair because crappy hair... give therapy a chance: I don't go on so much about my mental health anymore, but things haven't been good this year. I've been trying to deal with my problems and when it seems like I'm making progress I often end up getting into a bad way and going back a few steps. I'm not keen on the idea of therapy after the experience I got of mental health professionals last time, but I ought to at least give it a try. My project is something I've been wanting to start for months and not actually getting around to doing, and I want to get it moving. Being more optimistic is a good thing to do, and the three good things thing is actually really useful on a bad day. My driving is appalling, so I want to improve that. My job is not something I enjoy and going by my rule of if I'm not happy with something, change it, I ought to try to find a better one, and believing in myself is something I don't remember ever doing, but having faith in yourself should be a good thing.

I predict that I will achieve a maximum of four of these things over the next year.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I never make new years resolutions.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou wrote:I never make new years resolutions.
That counts as a resolution
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Cho, you do not need to make a resolution to be less of a jabberwocky/more exciting! You're not a jabberwocky, and being exciting is overrated.

I have a couple of resolutions that I'm going to try to keep in mind - 2015 was a pretty bad year to be honest (mostly due to pill side effects), so hopefully from now on I can get my shazam! together. I need to stress out less, spend less time in bed moping, do some more exercise and try not to avoid people (this last thing has only happened this year, before I've always been the sort of person to love being sociable so this was hard for me). I also need to sort out my goddamn relationship which has been difficult this whole year, and a nightmare for the last few months.

I've just remembered I graduate in 2016 and have to get a job/future too and I have NO IDEA what I'm going to be doing or if I'll even be in this country (I hope not). Oh. God.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Clarence wrote:
LaLou wrote:I never make new years resolutions.
That counts as a resolution
So it's a contradiction.
I did make a resolution after all. I want to finish my book this year.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I'm no longer typing in Gold letters, smurf that
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It was more of a bright yellow anyway...

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:It was more of a bright yellow anyway...

IT WAS GOLD!!!!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Shay wrote:
Clarence wrote:I'm no longer typing in Gold letters, smurf that
Why so angry about it? :P
It's just a pain in the bottom

I'm also going to be far more lazy in 2016.

Also I'm coming for #2 top poster spot :P
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

hi
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Why not go for number one, Clarence? Reach for the stars!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

chex wrote:Why not go for number one, Clarence? Reach for the stars!
Cause I set realistic goals :P

P.S.

Post Shay
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

you're not far behind!
I want to hit #8
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

Every single one of my posts have been filled with wit and wisdom.
chex

Post by chex »

Just like this one.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I read damned near everything that is posted in here, top to bottom, and I don't understand how you have such high post counts. I don't really care about such things. In fact, Cho is probably going to pass me this year. It is just fascinating to me that someone could have 17,000 posts at all.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:I read damned near everything that is posted in here, top to bottom, and I don't understand how you have such high post counts. I don't really care about such things. In fact, Cho is probably going to pass me this year. It is just fascinating to me that someone could have 17,000 posts at all.
You missed the secret Chex forum where she posts all day to herself to get numbers :P