New Year's 16 Wrap-Up

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

New Year's 16 Wrap-Up

Post by Moe »

End of the year, as far as I'm concerned! We made it! Well, most of us did...
I don't usually get so excited about the end of the year, but this year was ridiculous! From the election, to the tragedy in Berlin this last week, all the way back to April 11th when we lost Shay.. so, clearly I'm focused on the bad news, let's turn it around!

Everyone tell me your favorite thing that happened this year! And while you're at it, is you set a new year's resolution, how did you do?

I guess my favorite part of this year would be either when the company finally got their heads out of their asses and made me full time, or in November when I rented an apartment! As for me resolution, I don't remember what it was (half lying) so I guess I failed at that!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: New Year's 16 Wrap-Up

Post by Clarence »

My washer broke this morning

When will this smurf year end :P
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

This was a really rough year, from Shay, to my dad, to the "election." To mention some positives, my divorce was finalized, and I started talking to an old friend again.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

It would be so easy to focus on the negatives this year. Sick relatives, bereavements, job insecurity, and so on. But let's not dwell on those. Good things: my sister got married, I started getting treatment for a seven-year problem, I somehow managed to do well with my studies while all this was going on, I faced a fear and although I didn't do a brilliant job I did it, and I started making plans to face an even bigger fear. And despite all the shazam! that's happened with my employment, one of my resolutions was to get a better job and I am ending the year with a better job than when I started, so that's something.

I think I did a few of my resolutions, but I called them off to start next year's one early (though I'm having doubts now about that one).
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Moe

Post by Moe »

chex wrote:This was a really rough year, from Shay, to my dad, to the "election." To mention some positives, my divorce was finalized, and I started talking to an old friend again.
I was gonna mention your dad in the original post but wasn't sure it it would be appropriate because I remembered your post about it being in the list signers forum.
Clarence wrote:My washer broke this morning

When will this smurf year end :P
my car broke on Sunday so im right there with ya!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I like to keep the feels more private, but mentioning it is fine. I appreciate the consideration though. :<3:
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

2016 was really bad one for me ,i hate everything i did and everything that happened in my life. i hated to hear the bad news about Shay our dear.
I mouved from Tel Aviv to another city a small and far one, with my family to leave with my love but although the kids are having a good time here i hate it and it was a mistake. i hope to go back to Tell Aviv next year and get my life back.
Good back faknig damn year i hate you and i hate everything about you.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

In 2016 I did some cool stuff! Helped my sister, visited my brother for Food Week, did a bunch of pull ups, watched some cool movies, good stuff! Hooray!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I hope everyone (as individuals, and as a whole stupid world) has a better year next year. I think it's about due. Political decisions of the US and the UK, the refugee crisis and Aleppo... smurf hell. Alongside all the personal things everyone has mentioned.

I graduated and went travelling. Also, after almost giving up on a music-related career many times, through perseverance/stubbornness I did manage to land myself the dream internship recently. No more fifty hour weeks stacking shelves at a supermarket!
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Good things that happened to me in 2016: our car broke down beyond repair. Yes, that was good news, because the new car we bought saves us about 100 euro per month in taxes and fuel. With the money that came free in October and a new mortgage we have now 500 euro per month more to spend.
Also, I almost finished my book. Only two more pages.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I do hope that you can publish it.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Well shazam!, 2016 managed to snatch too more actresses right out from under us!
Carrie Fisher, who drowned in the moonlight, strangled by her bra. (this is what she wanted her obit to say, the real reason was a heart attack)
And then the very next day, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie's mother, passed after a stroke

This is just awful! First off, two more actresses died, furthermore, they were family, so I cannot even begin to imagine what their family is going through right now!

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men