Trick or treat?

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Trick or treat?

Post by LaLou »

Up until just a few years ago there was no trick or treating over here in the Netherlands. Up until now, our neighbourhood had been passed on this "tradition". But today a few kids showed up. On my remark that it is not yet halloween, they replied that they could not do it on that day.
My question is: what am I supposed to do? What kind of candy do I give out and how much? I don' t really like to hand out candy, so could I present them healthy snacks, like an apple, carrot or tomatoes?
What would you do?
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Trick or treat?

Post by Clarence »

Don't give out candy on some random non-Halloween day - what is that ???

I buy boxes and boxes of something, this year Cheetos 45 in a box x4

Because we always get over 100 kids
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

If you don't like giving candy, an apple is a good idea. But carrot or tomato are not as good. :)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Following Zot's advise is a good way to get your house egged by apple-hating teens
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Apples make the bag heavy, and get beaten up in the bag. I never ate the ones I got on Halloween. Individual bags of pretzels?
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Turning up on the wrong day is a bit off. People are giving you something for nothing so it seems disrespectful to in effect turn up on the wrong day demanding sweets. To be honest, the whole idea of trick or treating seems a bit strange to me - kids are always told not to take sweets from strangers but then told it's okay at Halloween.

If you want to give something healthy that still resembles a kid's snack, how about fruit rollups? Or skip the edibles completely and get some sort of cheap toy (like bouncy balls) or stickers (assuming your trick or treaters aren't teenagers)? Glow sticks would be cool. But at the same time, it can be expensive to buy the treats to hand out, depending on how many children turn up. It's the fact that you're giving them something that matters, not what it is.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆