Ten Years Gone

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Ten Years Gone

Post by Wesley »

That is a good Led Zeppelin song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lLUCPBs5zc

Anyway, this month is the ten year anniversary of when there was a snow day and I was putzing around playing games online. Arcade Cabin had some fun little games. Kongregate, eetc. Played The Impossible Quiz until it got frustrating.
Then..... then....... I came across a version of Never Ending Level Game. I think I initially played on Arcade Cabin because you could enlarge the screen and make certain levels a bit easier. I noticed a hotlink that said HELP and when I clicked it I was taken to a blue forum with rounded text bubbles and some helpful advice. Little did I know what an influence NELG was to have on my life. I've made close friendships, shared experiences, changed lives.... all thanks to a point and click FLASH game that Clarence made over a decade ago.

To those of you who still stick around and read this stuff: Hi there! Nice to see you. To those who are no longer with us: I miss you every day.

Happy Level Gaming to all of you Turnips out there. Keep sharpening your thinking skills and your living skills. You are all clapise to me.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Ten Years Gone

Post by Clarence »

Nice write up pal - so true

What started as a bored random side project turned into something I could have never imagined.

I'm glad we all came together in this way

Sad that we seem to have lost our closeness as of late and the forum is dead but hope we always stay in touch!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I haven't played arcade games in years!!

It's so hard to believe that it's been that long!

Think about where we all started! 10 years ago, it was "Look at these blokes on this forum I'll talk to for a few days, then bounce" (at least for me), which turned into "So much for 'don't talk to strangers'", which turned into "Holy shazam!, I'd be so lost without these guys now!"

Then to think how young I was when I joined! I was still one of those "If you ran into me in an online game with voice chat, you'd hear me talk, realise I'm a dumb kid, then mute me", now it's "when I'm in an online game with voice chat and hear kids, I realise they're dumb kids and mute them" (more like, if I'm playing an online game, I'm in a private chat with the same people I've been gaming with for a long time)

Weird to think that a bored random side project flash game with a help forum turned into a group of people that have been through so much together!

To shorten this all up, you guys are all like family to me, and I enjoy talking to every single one of you, and kinda wish we lived closer together, or at least had unlimited time off to be able to visit each other and hang out!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

A lot has happened in these years and it has inflluenced many of us. Wouldn't want to miss any of it.

And Zot, damn, it's time for a reunion!
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Hey, I can get in from my laptop again!! The forum may be near dead the last couple of years, but the friendships aren't. Despite being busy, I still make the time to chat with Zot and Ninja. I regularly use my NELG coffee mugs and smile. I wore my Cereal Mom t-shirt under my gi at my first karate graduation. Hell, I even have a tattoo designed by a NELG member!! :<3:
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I still need to get a tattoo of sorts, but I can never figure out of what, but a NELG-y one wouldn't be a bad idea
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I wore my NELG Staff Member hoodie the other day. :)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

This reminds me of when I first played NELG, late 2014.

I didn't think much of the game, and quickly forgot it.

I re-discovered it in 2017, and got determined and joined the forum in 2018.
I really wish I had joined sooner, this is such an amazing community that's only semi-alive today.
Still, I'll try to keep this forum alive as much as possible! :)

- NTG 2018
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!