What did you dream about last night?

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: What did you dream about last night?

Post by Moe »

Just had really weird dreamception

So first I had a really weird dream that involved being really drunk and whatnot.. which was kinda merged with an earlier dream involving water.

Anyways, in that dream I had a sort of a jolt, which brought me took a scene, where I was at a church, everyone all dressed up, it was a wedding! One of my friends' sister was getting married!
Except, my friend is running late!
He shows up, in 1/3 of his suit, like comically so! Where it was just like the right pant leg, and the left was just not there!
To which I then Wake up again to that friend telling me he had a weird dream, to which I respond with "did you have the dream where you were late for that wedding again? He says yes, I tell him that's funny because I had the same dream (explaining it in the context where in my dream it was also him with the suit issue)

Anyways, I had a dream that involved my and another's dream, but also a dream I had issues that dream, which had interloping parts from another dream I had earlier this sleep!

Then I wake up in real life, and look at the clock! See that it says 10:30 (I went to bed at 8:30 and thought there was no way I had that much dream in 2 hours so it must really be 10:30pm! But it wasn't, and I had really weird dreamception in 2 hours.... Ironically more dream than I usually have in an entire week
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Literally nothing from any of those are from real life either, like I don't recognize any of the characters from the dream nor any of the stories it used
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Dreams can totaly smurf up the time experience. I had a dream once that seemed to take up hours and ended in an explosian. The whole dream was leading rowards that explosion. When the bang came I woke up, only to realize that someone outside had dropped something or slammed a door or something like that. That was the sound of the explosion, so in the very short time it took to create the bang, my mind made an hours long story to explain it.
Pretty amazing.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Had a dream this morning that I was at a car show, I brought my little red Triumph Spitfire. I participated in a rally, and then somehow they gave my car to someone else? I went to collect it, and it was not there.
Just the paperwork was left behind. It was in a hotel, and while I was trying to figure this out, there was a go-cart race in the hallways, and outside there was a parade of Ferraris. One of the female staff members was Asian, and she was making fun of me while I was trying to locate my car.

The odd thing about this is that I actually had an old Triumph Spitfire that I was fixing up .. never got it on the road. It was British Racing Green, not red.

"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

This was the topic I was looking for! I just didn't look hard enough I guess

Also, that picture isn't green, nor red it's blue.. just thought I'd point that out :)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Correct! I liked this angle. The green ones were more straight on.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

It is a very nice angle

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

The time in a dream thing reminds me of something someone told me once. I tried looking it up and can't find anything about the story, so I don't know where he saw it. Apparently there was a man who covered decades of life in a dream. He had a wife, kids, etc. then woke up to find none of it had actually happened.

Although something like that must have been devastating for him, if it's true it's pretty incredible that the brain can do all that in such a short space of time.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Not sure if some background noise aided in this one, but I was at a flea market and wandered off the property onto someone's back yard. He had an old stock car with all but one seat ripped out, no windows, that kind of thing. He showed up and we were a bit nervous about being on his property, but then he started showing us around. He had an old diesel motor that was mounted on a stand so you could see it running. it was neat to see the gears and stuff move. Did not really match real life... had odd gears on the outside that were rotating together. Then the last thing he showed us was the front half of a fighter jet. We had to climb up a metal ladder to see it more closely and then try to sit in the cockpit. Who has this kind of thing in their back yard? Dreams are fun.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Somehow, bunkbeds worked their way into a dream I had this morning. The top bunk was sagging a little, making it a tight fit for the bottom bunk.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Hmm..

So. I was 16. no facial hair.

I woke up, and went to school on my first day in a new school. Didn't know anybody. Had to find someone who seemed nice that could show me where to find my class schedule.
Fast forward to lunch. They had a weird lunch system. You had to order your lunch beforehand (well, you didn't have to, but if you didn't, then all you got was like, a salad or something. I had no idea how this system worked, so I asked the person in front of me in line. They didn't know how to explain the system to me, because, as you do at that age, they assumed every other school used the same lunch system as them. The explanation I got was "Well, you just sign in and select a meal". When I asked for further explanation, they realised I was truly lost, and went into a fully dumbed down explanation. There was more to the dream, but that was just interacting with people..

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I dreamt that two alien races used the earth as their battle ground. They were both not even at war with us, just with each other and for some reason the idiots thought it would be alright to destroy our planet.
Moe

Post by Moe »

I had a really weird dream last night...

So, (in my dream, which felt fairly real), I was laying in bed asleep, and get woken up when the TV next to my bed turned itself on (I don't have a TV by my bed in real life, but I guess I did here) -- and immediately starts one of those Emergency Broadcast Alerts. I didn't think much of it, as they are usually a test... Except this time it was for a nuclear threat for a nuclear launch from North Korea. (Very similar to this).

One more important part of the dream.. Apparently my father was the president, and we got evacuated to an underground bunker.

Then I woke up shortly after the bombs exploded...

Oh well, weird dream, right? Except it was one of those dreams that almost feel real... You know, the ones where you wake up and think "Did that really happen?"

So the first thing I did was pull out my phone and make sure everything was good... You know, that we weren't getting nuked by NK

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Dreams are great!

I was having a pretty amazing dream this morning.... possibly identifying my "dream job" in real life! I was working for a company... in their warehouse I think. But what I was doing was "streamlining and troubleshooting" rather than driving a forklift or something. At one point I was using a thin hammer to knock a single brick out of a wall to pass lines through to the engineer inside. At another time I was checking an electrical box and tracing ground wires. It was basically a job where I could use my experience from all the different jobs I've had. Then my alarm went off..... dangit.

~ Donnie Yen ~
NTG
Green Man

Post by NTG »

My dreams (at least what I remember of them) are really simple, and are usually about school or nelg.

In my dream last night, I saw there were 101 people online on the forums, so I contacted everyone I knew to get on the forum so we could break our record of 125.
We ended up getting about 130.
"255 isn't just a number, it's a way of life."

-NTG 5/20/2019

hi once again

Keeping the forum active since 2018!