What did you dream about last night?

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

What did you dream about last night?

Post by Blondie »

Ok, I had such a vivid dream last night that I actually confused it with reality.
Sometimes emotions can get so strong in a dream that they can feel real.
If such emotion can be drawn from dreams, does that make them become part of reality?
Everyone dreams apparantly, but only the last few minutes of a dream before waking are remembered.
Some people don't remember their dreams at all, while others can remember them vividly.

So what did you dream about last night? Care to share?

Oh and let's try to keep this out of the 18+ section :lol:
Image This is not America. No, this is not. Sha la la la la
(Bowie)
Eff
Demimod

Re: What did you dream about last night?

Post by Eff »

wHAt was your dream?

My son dreamt last night that his teacher got stub in her tummy with wood stick and she got really hurt and everybody laugh accept for the girls in the class .
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

They say that dreams can tell you a lot about yourself - LOL Does your son get on with his teacher? :giggle:
Or maybe it just portrays how he thinks - that girls are more sympathetic, sensitive and caring than boys?

I dreamt about Froot Loops the cereal. I mentioned it in the 'What did you do today' thread.
(Bowie)
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I don't remember any of my dreams from last night.
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't remember them at all.
It just depends on our state of minds I think and at what stage of sleep we are in when we wake.

Everybody does dream though apparantly, although I can't work out how they know, unless people are monitered for REM or something?
(Bowie)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

They can monitor if/when you go into REM, as well as which kind of brain activity is going on.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

It's both amazing and weird that they can tell what your brain is doing whilst sleeping.
(Bowie)
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I had a dream I was at the movies, so I went to this gift store and I found all these soft balls, and for some reason, like a dare or something, I started eating them all, but then I ate a bad one, and I threw it up.
Mouse
*must post whore*

Post by Mouse »

I very rarely remember my dreams... unless I'm on Zyban... then they're the weirdest most f'd up things in the world.
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Clovvach, maybe you feel the need to absorb a lot of information and experiences at the moment, but sometimes you feel like it is all too much to take in and need to take a break from it?
Or maybe you feel like you have been given the wrong advice by someone?

Mouse I haven't got a clue what Zyban is but I am assuming that it is some sort of medication for sleeping? :giggle:
(Bowie)
Mouse
*must post whore*

Post by Mouse »

Zyban was initially developed as an anti-depressant (Wellbutrin Sr) but it was concluded that it also affected the portion of your brain that deals with addiction; so it alters the chemistry of your brain to help a person to quit smoking.
In the process, it makes you have the weirdest dreams you've ever dreamt... either that, or you just always have really f'd up dreams and it helps you remember them (the latter is my own theory simply because I so rarely remember dreams, but I vividly remember Zyban dreams).
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

I wonder what it contains? Sounds quite strong or maybe it just helps you relax?
(Bowie)
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

:lol: clovach . good one . Blond , he doesn't get along with'em teachers ..
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Often I dream about things, like leaving my Spanish homework at home, or a homework that I didn't have in the first place. It can get REALLY confusing sometimes.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Ali you must be anxious about your homework or your life in some way. It sounds like you feel that you are not in control, or maybe you are in control and you fear losing that in some way?
(Bowie)
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I both love and hate dreaming. I can literally feel everything in my dream. I can smell and hear everything in my dream. I don't know how to explain it, but to try and clarify...

Whatever emotions or physical sensation I feel in my dreams, I feel them in person. Whatever smells or sounds I encounter in my dream, I can still remember the exact smell and sound. I hate the feeling part because it pretty much determines my mood for the day. If something is quite depressing or tragic, I wake up feeling that gaping hole in my chest. There have been three dreams where I have almost died, which scares the crap out of me. I always try my damnedest to wake up before I'm about to die because I am afraid of what might happen to me in person should I actually die in my dream.

Three brief descriptions of the three cases:

1. I was running through a dark forest being chased by a large dark figure with claws. I can only describe it as a monster. I tripped over a tree root that went into the ground, out of the ground, and back into the ground to form a perfect little loop for my foot to get caught in. I fell and hurt my knee quite a bit. I looked back and frantically started scooting backwards on my hands and feet when the monster lashed out and scratched me across the face. It hurt so bad I woke up. I checked the mirror and I actually had three scratches right across my face and my knee was bruised. We had no animals and nothing that I could find near me that would have caused it.

2. I remember all of it, but to sum it up, my significant other was late coming home (in the dream. I didn't have on irl). In my dream, he was always on time. Eventually I got a knock on the door and it turned out to be the cops. My significant other was in the hospital. I went to the hospital but sadly he died. The nurse came to me and put something in my hand, said it was found in his pocket. When I opened my hand and realized it was an engagement ring, I stopped breathing. The nurse put her hand on my shoulder and started shaking me to get me to calm down. I awoke to my aunt's boyfriend's mother shaking me worried sick because I wasn't breathing.

3. Super long story short, I got shot in the neck and dropped to the floor. I could feel the blood gushing out the side of my neck but I was completely helpless to do anything. My body started going into shock and shaking uncontrollably. I could feel myself shaking uncontrollably in reality as well, scared shitless because I couldn't wake up and thought something very bad was going to happen. I was no longer dreaming, very much awake, but still shaking in shock. It finally came to a stop and all was ok, but still scared the shazam! out of me.

Granted, it's probably more like reality having an affect on my dreams rather than they other way around, but the thought of it still is quite scary.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I dream a lot. Sometimes I intentionally set my alarm for 1 hour before I really need to get up, then when it goes off, I go right back to sleep and get almost instant REM sleep.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

Ooooooh Shay, these are definitely examples where reality and dreaming cross over - wow!
Where does reality begin and dreaming end?
With the first one - I suppose in theory you could have banged your knee and scratched yourself in your sleep? Weird though?
Second one - I do know that people do stop breathing while asleep. This is called Sleep Apnea and sounds pretty scary to me, but I do think that in most cases (99.9% of the time) the body's defense mechanism kicks in.
Third one - Sounds like your body was experiencing something physical. Maybe you had a reaction to something? Or a virus or an infection of some kind? Or you had stopped breathing again and just didn't realise it? Or you were simply reacting to the terror that you were feeling?
To conclude - I do think that you are probably right, it is most likely to be reality having an affect on your dreams.
Maybe you should get the breathing thing checked out with your doctor though, depending on how long ago it happened?

As for the dreams themselves, reading them collectively and reading in between the lines, it sounds like you have a fear of being let down or hurt, particularly by a loved one. Afraid of the future and that something bad is going to happen to you. Maybe you have a fear of becoming too close to someone and getting hurt, but then I think most of us feel like this at some point in life. These feelings are being expressed through your dreams. I don't know how recently you had these dreams, but you are right they do sound pretty scary in places.

How do you manage to know that you are asleep? Also how do you manage to wake yourself up?
My dreams are so vivid that I firmly believe that they are real until I wake, even then I still have the emotions like you do and believe that the dream happened for a while.

Years ago, I dreamt that my eldest daughter had died, it was so real and dreadful. I was so grateful that she was alive when I woke up in the middle of the night, that I had to go and cuddle her and slept the rest of the night, cuddling her. Needless to say I woke her up while doing so. She thought I was mad, but enjoyed the cuddles.

Thank you for sharing Shay. :)

Zot that's quite unusual to be able to do that. Maybe you haven't quite properly woken up when your alarm goes off, making it easier to slip back into dreaming?
I know someone who can go back to sleep again and go back to the same dream and pick up where they left off. Are you able to do that?
(Bowie)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

When I am unintentionally awakened during a dream, I always try to go back to the same dream. It does not always work. The 1 hour early wake up almost always works for some good, deep REM sleep.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Blondie
Founder of the NEL Arms

Post by Blondie »

That's amazing that you can go back to the same dream. I have never been able to do that, not even for a really good one.
(Bowie)