~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Wesley
GOD

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Wesley »

The same day I put my official resignation in at work, I got an accolade from a customer that came all the way from corporate. :)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I had ants in my apartment. Enough to warrant getting any traps.

I bought any traps.

Haven't seen single ant since.

Traps are working right?

There's not a single ant in any of the traps.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

The "good" traps have a mild poison that does not kill the scouts, but lets them take it back and feed it to the babies who then die back in the colony.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Hokoay. Yesterday I drove three different trucks a total of 150 miles making deliveries. Then I got home and I was going to change a fan in my computer when a friend called with a dead battery in his car. Took care of that and had a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Got home, finished changing the fan, played some internet and went to bed.

Today I am going to take a shower, pack a bag, and then head South to help my brother move. It's about 500 miles.
Very exciting!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Got the rest of my Job Training Schedule. Job training for another 3 weeks, then I'll be scheduled to my posted area.

I only hope that they actually put me back there with the guy that's worked there a few days before they put me there on my own (Because this particular coverage isn't actually part of the normal job training) I assume they will, so that he can tell me the specifics of what to do in that area.

June 8th is when I get done with Job Training.

I'm really excited!

Even though I have a posted area, since there are 2 of us back there, and only one works there at a time, 3-4 days a week one of us will work in a different part of the facility. I don't mind that at all! Even though I have a posted area, it will be nice to get out to the rest of the facility here and there.

The facility itself (if I haven't already said) is a "Secured Treatment Facility" for tickle fight offenders (most of which finished out their sentence) that were deemed "unfit to rejoin society".
My post is back in Health Services. Basically, to summarize my job back there into 1 sentence; I write down names of the people that go back there, and then pat down the clients that were in the dental room.

We use the term "Clients" because it's not a "Prison" and the term "Patient" that we used to use, isn't entirely accurate(even though legally they are classified as so), because they don't technically "have to participate in treatment" where if they were a "Patient" we would be responsible to make sure they went to their treatments.

--

Anyways. What I did today (Starting out my weekend), I did a bunch of shopping, did laundry, and visited with family.
I also priced out my list of shazam! I want to buy (All computer stuff), and it came out to around $2,100. That's a shazam! tonne of money, but it's stuff that will be bought over time.
And of course, none of it is needed, as the computer stuff I have now works just fine.
-
At some point, I also want to invest in a newer car (to replace my current SUV), but since what I have now is working well, I'm set on waiting until my current vehicle shits out on me.

--

My paychecks, before deductions are almost double that of my last job.
My insurance takes out like $40, my deferred comp (for now) takes out $25, and my retirement takes like $150.

Even after those deductions, my paychecks are still like $300ish more than my old job.

Great deal!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I have off today, after a couple of very heavy days. Monday was fifteen hours of appliances and driving.... which is febreeze.

Anyway, I am off today, and I am going to do laundry and re-organize my room. Also going to listen to a podcast called,"S--- Town."

I am preparing myself mentally for when I quit my job on June 30. Not sure what I am going to do, but I have a full month to figure it out.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Issues with my online banking.

I tried to login, failed my login attempts, got locked out.
That was a few days ago. Okay, maybe I changed my password and forgot, who know.

Anyways, today I finally got around to going to the bank.
They gave me a temporary password. YES! I can finally do my online banking again.

I get home. Type the temporary password. Login fails.

Maybe I mistyped it. I try again. Login fails.

I double-check, and make sure I don't have caps-lock on.

Try again. Fails, locked out again...

Debating. Do I go back to the bank now? If I don't go back now, and who knows how long that will take, plus I need to shower and eat and get ready for work still..If I don't go now, I won't be able to until Tuesday.. which actually then reminds me, my car insurance paymant is Saturday, so I need to at least go back and move money around.. since I can't do it online.. Or I need to quick log-in to the car inusrance website and have them take it from my other account, which then gets rid of my maybe not having enough time issue.

If I don't go until Tuesday, she'll probably think I'm dumb because she told me that the temporary password is only good for 24 hours, and here I am 96 hours later saying it didn't work.

To be fair, this is the first time in... Idk, since I got my account there wayy back when my parents made it when I was a kid, that I've ever had any issues with them, and this isn't even a them issue so much as it's a "Either I'm doing something wrong, or their online banking website hates me" issue.

As far as issues with the online banking goes, I've been using that for 3 years with no other issue, so idk. I know it's not an issue with the site itself otherwise other people would be having this issue too.

It's just weird, because I was just on itonly 3 weeks ago to print off my bank statements, and then last week it didn't let me in.(Which is why I said maybe I changed the password and forgot, because it does prompt a passord change every few months or so -- but that wouldn't explain the temporary password not working)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Just my luck. On top of all the things I have on my plate, I now have a rash. Contact allergy to peppermint, the plant. I picked some to add to my waterbottle so I could have another flavor than just water. Now my lower arm (on the pinky side) from the elbow down to the tip of my fingers is red, blistered and itching, and even a burning pain.
Ah well, I'll survive this too. The gods can play their dice game with me, but I will not break, whatever tempest they may send me. I might bend, to the point that I'm flat on the ground, but I will get up again. I refuse to break.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Sorry to hear that Lalou, glad you're staying positive - what a random allergy :(
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Yay, I got something new! Carpal tunnel syndrom, both hands. I need surgery on my left hand (I am a lefty) but right hand is ot (yet) severe enough. My allergic blisters have to heal first though, so this might take a few weeks.
At least this is something that can be dealt with and cured.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Oh, come on! Isn't it enough already? The rash that I thought was an allergy turns out to be zoster.
Becaue it has been more than four days since it started I can't even get medication.

I' m having a bad day today. Better luck tomorrow.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

:<3:
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

I love my cat.

I love my family and I love you guys.

But my cat.
I had taken a shower and he thought I stank of soap too much so he washed my chi with his sandpaper tongue to make me smell like him again.
I love my cat.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

That's sweet, Lalou. :)

I'm sorry about all the health stuff. You're like one of those clown bags, and every time life punches you, you pop right back up.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I like fixing things, but today at work I discovered that I grow tired of fixing other people's errors.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Tees gram passed suddenly: (
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I'm sorry for your loss. :( How old was he?
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Sorry for your loss.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.