~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by LaLou »

Oh, darn, I have no clue why. Sorry.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I blame Trump's wall
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Step 1: Block all blogs ever
Step 2: Block websites with anyone from Mexico on them
Step 3: Actually build the wall
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I worked less than 12 hours today! :D
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

My reumatologist called me with some bad news.Blood tests show that I probalbynhave myositis. Imwill need more tests and the expertise for this (rare) condition is in Utrecht, the university hospital. I will have to be admited for a few days on a very short notice. I feel ambiguous about it. I do feel sad because this is something that will not heal, on the other hand, I feel like we are finally getting somewhere with a diagnose.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Sorry Lalou , you're going through so much :(
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Today this white girl got mail from a cool girl. 8-)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Mixed bag today. I got some bad news, some good news, and my old friend just got back to town.
I am going to see him right now! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Very busy day today for me in hospital. Six tests and four people to see me. Dietician, pharmacist, reumatologist and a social worker. I'm tired now.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

A friend of mine lost his government job on Friday, so yesterday I had lunch with him and his family and spent the afternoon with him as a mild distraction. Then yesterday evening another friend of mine was having an odd existential anxiety attack, so I spent the evening at his place talking about life, the Universe, the good old days,
etc.

Today we are going to the shooting range. :) There is something quite therapeutic about holding a controlled yet violent chemical reaction in your hands, guiding a projectile at approximately the speed of sound, and being able to repeat the process with enough control and precision that you make a little group of holes in a piece of paper.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:A friend of mine lost his government job on Friday, so yesterday I had lunch with him and his family and spent the afternoon with him as a mild distraction. Then yesterday evening another friend of mine was having an odd existential anxiety attack, so I spent the evening at his place talking about life, the Universe, the good old days,
etc.
You're truly a good friend, Zot. Of my friends that have anxiety and whatnot, and having talked to them about it from their perspective, literally the best thing you can do for them when they are having an anxiety attack is to just talk about stuff.
Maybe you talk about stuff related to the attack, maybe you don't, but just being there to talk to them while they are going through it usually means the world to them.
Especially because there are a lot of people who are like "Oooh they are having a weird anxiety attack, I better leave them alone for now", and don't get me wrong, there are times when they just want to be left alone, and in that case, at least making sure they know you are there if they decide they do want to talk about something.

The worst thing about anxiety is that a lot of people don't take it seriously and think you are blowing things out of proportion for no reason.. But they don't realise that, in that moment, whether it's something petty or not, in that moment, what they are anxious about suddenly takes priority of what's going on in their mind, and when everyone looks at them and says "Nah, they are just being weird over something dumb" It's like kicking them while they are down, because now they are having an attack and suddenly can feel generally unimportant on top of that. --to be fair though, anxiety does effect different people differently. There are people where sometimes it just takes over, and there are people that almost never get it, but sometimes it just happens, ya know?

---

Now to make my post my own::
Right now my work union is working on a deal, which apparently surprisingly looks like it will pass, where, this year, we will get a 2% raise, and next year a 2.5% raise, on top of that, better dental insurance, lower deductibles, among other things. Me and my dad were looking at it thinking "How the hell did they manage that?"
It's all tied to the state budget, and me and him think that it's probably the democratic legislature trying to stick it to the republicans before they take over the legislature... Either way, This year I'm going to get a 2% raise on top of my 6 month and 12 month raise, and next year I'll get a 2.5% raise on top of my 18 month raise. That's a lot of fricken raises!
Like, normally these things happen like "Hey, you'll get this, but you lose that" or "you wanted all this, how about we give you these few things out of what you wanted" --like, apparently a few years ago, our union gave up our ability to strike, meaning, our union will literally never go on strike.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Potentially going to only have a 3 day workweek this week (Would be 4, but I get the 4th off).
My typical weeks are 6 days on, 2 off, blah blah blah..
The tradeoff to having a 3 day workweek as opposed to my normal week though would be an 8 day workweek next week.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

For the past 48 hours, I have been helping Ninja and his wife move into and tune up their new house! He is a homeowner now! Rather proud of my little bro....

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

By the way, my little bro and his wife closed on their new house on my mother's birthday. It is a pleasant little coincidence.

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Two days ago I came back from the hospital, where Imwas for 13 days. I finally have a diagnosis,or actually three.
I seem to have myositis, which breaks down my muscles, Sjögren syndrom, which causes my mouth and eyes to be dry, and aspects of sclerodermia, which doesmweird stuff to my skin. All three are auto immune diseases, and all three have effect on my lungs. Treatment involves calming down my inmmune system with high doses of prednisone, for instant effect, and for the long term a sort of chemo therapy. This sounds heavy, but I get a much lower dose, in a much lower quantity and a much lower amount of doses as for cancer patients. I only get it once a month for six months and the first one exceeded expectation. I did not get sick, or nausiated, but the day after I had no appetite, which has already returned. I do have to remember to drink a lot of water though.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

That's great Lalou - glad they were finally able to figure it out, hope your treatments and recovery go well :)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Oh, Lalou, that is great news! Well, not great of your condition, but great that they know what it is and can help. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I'm so glad you have answers and a plan! :<3:
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

We just won 12,500 euro in the lottery.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou wrote:We just won 12,500 euro in the lottery.
$18502.56 Canadian!! Congrats Lalou!!! That's seriously amazing after all the stuff you been going through, have fun with it!