~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Clarence »

nich wrote:Next week I start serving real guests in the dining room. Here comes the anxiety.
Just picture them naked
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

chex wrote:*pours shots*
Dad's gone!
speaking of which, my dad offers me shots every time I'm home.,
like the other day I was home for lunch before work, and dad offers me a shot, and I'm like "Dude, I'm going to work after this!"

Clarence wrote:
nich wrote:Next week I start serving real guests in the dining room. Here comes the anxiety.
Just picture them naked
Clarence! You're supposed to be gone!

Also--

I got my first verbal threat of being sued at work today! I was talking to my mother about it, and was like "Lol, got your first verbal threat of being sued! Just wait until you move to Omega, I can't tell you how many times I've been sued by Omega clients!" (Omega is the Behavioral Therapy Unit.. basically where the bad eggs go--and by "bad eggs" I work with tickle fight offenders, so a "bad egg" is basically the ones who act out a lot)
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You can do it, buddy! Seriously, the only difference between real guests and your coworkers that you have been training with is the smell, HA H AHW! :) You'll be fine!

Today I am going to introduce a friend to the world of High Fidelity. This guy loves music, but has a crappy little sound bar hooked up to his turntable. I am going to loan him a vintage 1985 receiver and some speakers that are even older,
so he can hear what music can sound like when not squeezed through a tiny funnel.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Clarence wrote:
Just picture them naked
That'll make me MORE shy!
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Today I got a wheelchair and was the first day since February I got to go shopping for groceries with my husband. Yes, sice Febuari I have not left home for something else than doctor appointments or hospital visits. I do feel a little more free now.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Freedom is that much more beautiful when you have not had it for a while.

Today I have no idea what I am going to so. Maybe change the oil in my car.... except the local auto parts store does not carry my oil filter.

I may also get the parts I need to build a sit-down video game cabinet.

I should probably do some more work into getting my tax I.D. number and whatnot. What do you think is a good name for a small business?

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Depends on what it is about.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Realized my assignment wasn't just due tomorrow but in the morning. Stayed up until 2AM on coke to get it done. Goodnight world!
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Moe

Post by Moe »

Nich.. drugs are bad, and turning to cocaine to get your assignments done isn't the right answer... :( :(
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Comedy is funny.

Today I am driving 100 miles to examine a diesel mercedes station wagon. If it passes my exam, I will be driving back up there tomorrow to make the purchase. I need a station wagon to haul tables and displays once I get this knife thing going.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Looked at the car. it needs work. Work that I could do, but I don't really have the time. And I have another car that already needs work. Gonna have to say no. Not a sad day, though. Coming to a decision feels good.

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Moe wrote:Nich.. drugs are bad, and turning to cocaine to get your assignments done isn't the right answer... :( :(
It worked like a charm though. It was only a 2-3 page report/reflection and I got it done by 2 in the morning.

Oh and the serving went well. I had it a bit easy because they start you off with one table and they had to leave early. Also it was a training on the job type of experience.

Moe

Post by Moe »

went to the muni with coworkers, they drank beer, I don't drink beer, so I had rum and coke, and probably hit a point where it is questionable for me to drive... whoops, I even passed a cop on the way home, so I guess I was good

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Don't mess around with driving while intoxicated. At the MOST I'll have one beer before a drive and I rarely to never to that.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yeah dude, seriously, don't take that lightly.

Today I am going to the Udvar Hazy center which is part of the Air and Space museum. Kind of excited.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

What they said. Don't do that shazam!. Not worth the risk of killing someone.
Moe

Post by Moe »

chex wrote:What they said. Don't do that shazam!. Not worth the risk of killing someone.
Okay, so that was very overstated, I only drank a few, and then it was awhile until I drove, it was just the first time I had driven home from a bar after drinking any amount whatsoever.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

chex wrote:What they said. Don't do that shazam!. Not worth the risk of killing someone.
Or yourself.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Moe wrote:
Okay, so that was very overstated, I only drank a few, and then it was awhile until I drove, it was just the first time I had driven home from a bar after drinking any amount whatsoever.
That's the tricky thing. When you are coming off your buzz, you can feel like everything is a-ok when it is not. Not yet, anyway. Basically, I wait at least an hour after my last drink. I am also not a big drinker. But that way my liver and kidneys have time to do their thing and I can be confident that I am not impaired.

Back to happy news: Yesterday went with BoGZ to play pinball and video games. http://www.theyorkshow.com It was a mixed bag, not as many really cool tables there this year. The ones that were there were in very good condition and were a joy to play. As they were nearing closing time, they were giving away some prizes, and BoGZ won a back glass from a pinball called Sorcerer. Pretty cool considering it is his birthday today! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Nothing much happened today. Yesterday I had my fourth chemo, for which I was a bit anxious, given what happened last tiem, but it went well. I am very tired today though and need to recover. I'm j8st resting andwatching TV. Tomorrow will be bettter.