~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

nich
I live here

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by nich »

School came back a few weeks ago. It's nice to be back but damn it's stressful. I've got two assignments due on Friday and I haven't even started them yet.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You can do it, buddy!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

The assiments are easy so there's that. But one requires a bit of research. I'll be cutting it close.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You ever do something you don't want to, but it is not really a big deal, but meh? Yeah, I just did that.
A friend of mine is moving to Texas, and he wants me to take over part of his part time job. it is low pay, menial,
but with freedom of schedule and pace, and it is on Wednesdays, so it will not interfere with most sales gigs that I will be doing. Not super excited. Not great cash. Meh, it will get me out of the house.

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Got it all done! Beers tomorrow! :D

nich
I live here

Post by nich »

So unless I flunk all of my final exams, I'm on track to make the deans list again. Out of everything that's been marked so far I have 87% across all courses. My best average ever.

nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Had an interview today with a recruiter from Fairmont. Considering doing my co-op in one of there location in BC or Alberta.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I almost pooped my pants this morning when I tried to log in and saw that the domain was not available.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Hostgator smurf up and then fixed it
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Clarence wrote:Clarence smurf up and then HostGator fixed it
Ftfy
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Hi everybody! My name is Dowster and I have a British accent and drive a keen truck and most certainly have NOT had my account hacked my the nice and friendly GreatZot. He is so cool, that MrZot. No way would he hack my account just to levy some praise upon himself.... nope... certainly not.

Pip pip, Cheerio and all that!

-Dow-
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Wow, Dowster! Good to see you! I sure am glad GreatZot .. erm.. I mean.. me.. I ... I didn't hack your account. Not at all. Oh look at the time! Gotta go!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Oh you guys

Waiting at hospital for MRI
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I did that silly job yesterday. Then as I was about to make a Masaman curry, a friend called and asked if I could help him tear up the carpet in his new house. Yes! I love doing stuff like this, especially when it helps my friends! I did not make curry.... I'll do that tonight.

Also, my mouse is going bad.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Going to try to change my glow plugs today.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Still no-go on the glow plugs. In other news, Clarence has almost completely turned me to the dark side with regards to Words With Friends. I am not comfortable using French and Russian slang in a game like this,
but yesterday I played ZEK for 108 points.

I hate myself.

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Celebrated. Happy New Year all you lovely people! =)
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Also celebrated! Went to my folks' house to celebrate New Years with them (Middle brother and Father were at work) and since the kids are 2 and 5, we celebrated early, like, for us/them, 8:00PM was New Years.. Which works for me, as I don't plan on staying up that late.. Now that I'm home, I'll probably finish building my homepage, then drink and play video games with my buddies.. Or drink and clean my apartment until around 10:00PM then go to bed.

It's kinda nice being a boring adult that goes to bed/wakes up early, because I don't have to worry about being out driving home at 12:00 AM or later when all the drunks are out driving home.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I spent about six hours yesterday - in the sub-freezing temperatures - working on my car. It is an old diesel Mercedes. I had to remove the intake manifold so that I could access the glow plugs. 3 out of the 5 were burned out, and one of the two that were working was the wrong style. Man, the kid who sold me this thing thought he knew what he was doing... but he didn't really know anything.

Anyway, after taking a few breaks to warm up, I finally got the thing put back together. Well, except for one bolt that I dropped down behind the engine. The thing definitely cranks better, but after a week in near-zero temperatures, the oil and fuel are both closer to solid than liquid. I refreshed the battery overnight, and now I have a little heater under the engine. I'll give it a couple of hours to warm things up a bit, then I will try to start it.

Last night when I finished working on it for the day, I visited a couple of friends for some New Year celebrations. Ate more than enough food, played games, laughed. it was good.

~ Donnie Yen ~
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

I got Banana liqueur mixed with sprite. It was freaking delicious. Happy new years everyone!