[Solved] Laptop help.

When Chex breaks her computer
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

[Solved] Laptop help.

Post by chex »

I left my laptop on while I did some stuff around the house and straightened my hair. I came back to it, and it appeared to have restarted itself. I sat down to get on NELG, and my scrolling direction has changed. When I first got Windows 10, I hated the reversed scrolling direction, so I messed around and changed it back to the way it's always been. So, annoying but no big deal, right? I can just change it back again, right? Nope! That option has disappeared. I've searched my control panel, and cannot find anything to fix this. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to fix it?
bella
the two timer

Re: Laptop help.

Post by bella »

It might be the touchpad drivers. That might be a reason why the option doesn't appear. Maybe you can find a new update?
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Just got home from work and have no clue on this one - sorry!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

There are settings menus hidden in other settings menus. Lemme ask my bro -- he is using 10 as well.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I can take a look when I get home from work as well
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Completely forgot about this.. You figure it out? I'll see if I can find something just in case, but thought I'd check in...
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

Somewhere, and I can't specifically help you on this, should be a synaptics tool.
if you open that, there may be an option to "reverse scroll direction"

Just an idea that was one solution I found

There is also this
Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad > Additional Mouse Options > Devices Settings > Settings > Multi Finger.
I don't have either of these on mine as I do not have a touch pad...

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

I did figure it out! Sorry, I forgot to come back and update. I found a driver. It took over an hour of playing around and looking shazam! up, and CP was annoyed because she wanted to watch Daniel Tiger on the laptop, but I did it! Then my kids knocked the power cord the next day, and because my battery has about 30 seconds of life on it, my computer shut down. When it restarted, the driver was gone. But at least I knew where to go to get it again.
Moe

Post by Moe »

That's good. Weird that the driver would disappear though

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

There's something wrong with my laptop. Half the time, Firefox stops loading everything except NELG, Facebook, and my email. I have to uninstall it and reinstall it. Avast hasn't caught any viruses though. I'd love to just start over from scratch, but I like having money in my bank account more. :D
Moe

Post by Moe »

Have you tried reinstalling Windows 10 as a whole? There's a refresh/reset oprion somewhere in the settings that does essentially that.
That way if there is something installed or setup in your settings it will get rid of them and reset it to factory defaults.
I think that the reset option also gets rid of pictures and documents (I actually think Windows 10 merged the refresh and reset into one thing, and technically puts everything into a Windows.old folder on the hard drive)

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

When I had my silly malware episode last year I ended up scrapping Chrome and going with firefox for a few weeks while I did regular virus scans.

Perhaps you could do the reverse and scrap firefox for chrome for a few weeks, uninstall firefox, do some scans, etc. then re-install firefox. Chrome has a "firefox" option so your menus will be the same, so it will not even be that difficult.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Just a check in, as I realized I haven't been marking posts as solved or not.

Did you figure out your Firefox issue?

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex

Post by chex »

I haven't had any problems lately, but it didn't happen every time before, either. Malware Bytes seems to have cleared a lot of febreeze out so I think I'm good.
Moe

Post by Moe »

I'm going to mark this solved, as we haven't heard any reports of otherwise, however, if something comes up, feel free to come back!

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men