Watch Dog

When Chex breaks her computer
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Watch Dog

Post by Clarence »

So me and Tee only have one laptop which we share, hook to the tv and watch Kodi, youtube videos etc etc on

Operate with wireless keyboard and mouse

Well now when it restarts on the boot screen it talks about loading "Watch Dog" and sometimes will not load past this screen.

Also when the computer finally does start now and again the USB slots don't work .. at all

wtf is happening
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Watch Dog

Post by Clarence »

Ok so I have 3 USB holes

With the build in modem broken one USB hole leads to a USB wirless modem thing so I can connect to internet

the other goes to a 1 terabyte harddrive

the final goes to a USB tree I got at dollar store which branches out into 4 connections. 2 are used, one for wireless keyboard and the other for wireless mouse

Well Tee found out it starts up if everything is unplugged then you have to plug it back in..

what a pain in the bottom
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Watchdog is a virus disguised as antivirus software. If it'll still let you run your antivirus software, try that.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I scanned the computer and terabyte drive with AVG, it found some stuff and removed the

Seems to be on the external, when it' unplugged it starts fine

If it's plugged in it won't start until it's unplugged then the USB holes don't work...

Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

AVG's alright but does miss things. I'd suggest you try the free scan from ESET (https://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/) just to be sure.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Cho wrote:AVG's alright but does miss things. I'd suggest you try the free scan from ESET (https://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/) just to be sure.
Thanks I'll check it out when I get home.

If it doesn't work my simple solution is to keep external harddrive unplugged when restarting.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

The simplest solution is often the best solution.

It is possible that on startup your computer is searching through the entire terabyte for any boot up info. Don't let it do that.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:The simplest solution is often the best solution.

It is possible that on startup your computer is searching through the entire terabyte for any boot up info. Don't let it do that.
:like:

Odd that it never used to