facebook

When Chex breaks her computer
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

facebook

Post by LaLou »

I need some help again. I want to change the e-mail addres that I used to sign up on Facebook, but I can't find where or how to do that.
I get to settings and it lists e-mail A, the one that I eant to remove.
I can add a new one, and do so: e-mail B. But then it says there already is an account with that e-mail.
Great, I think, I just remove A then, but that seems impossible, I can't find where or how.
Oh, and B is not listed, so where do they get that from?

And what will happen to facebook if I just delete my A mail account?

Can you help me?
Please?

PS. I found out where they get that B address from. I used it years ago to create an account for my cat. However I deleted that account after the cat died.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: facebook

Post by Moe »

If it says there is an accounts with Email B, then you will not be able to add Email B to your account.

However, the way to add/remove emails from your account:
Go to your "Settings" page
In the "Contact" section, change the primary contact.
This should allow you to change the email on your account

If Email B is already associated with an account, you will have to login to Account B, and change that email, or delete Account B, and wait the amount of time it takes for Facebook to delete Account B (Note, I'm pretty sure you have to actually "Delete" that account, not just deactivate it)

When you add the second email it will send a confirmation email to add/change the email.

The issue with it saying that there is already an account with that email is that, if that email is on another account, you wouldn't be able to use it to login to this account, because when you went to login, and type Email B, it Facebook would not know which account you're trying to login to, as there would be 2 accounts with that Email, thus it won't let you add an Email with an account associated with it
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men