Abortion

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Re: Abortion

Post by Clovvach »

chex wrote: "Killing a pre-baby" sounds a lot worse than what it actually is: aborting a fetus.
It's kind of like the difference between saying "pro-death" and "pro-choice"... because abortion isn't really about killing and death, aborting is more about the choice of the woman.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Not exactly. Pro-choice is accurate, and pro-death is not. I'm pro-choice. I'm most certainly not pro-death. I chose to have my children. (not to mention, it's not death if they aren't alive to begin with...)
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

chex wrote:Pro-choice is accurate, and pro-death is not.
Yah that's my point. Saying that Pro-choice people support killing "pre-babies" is like saying they are pro-death, witch are both innacurate because they don't necessarily support the aborting of the babies, they support the choice.
chex

Post by chex »

Wow, sorry. I wouldn't have gotten that without the explanation.

Or at least some strong coffee. :lol:
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Apparently only 1 in 27 (or something like that) babies are aborted for a medical reason, rather than the parent not wanting the baby. This makes me sad, although I know some are the cause of teenage pregnancy (in which case it could be better - I read a book about a pregnant 14 year old - not good), and some are the cause of rape, in which case it's probably for the best. If people still cannot bear thinking about when it happened to them (this time it was Crimewatch), then I doubt they could have the child, cos it's like rubbing salt into the wound.

Okay, so this is a little off topic... but I see what you mean about abortion being a large topic.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex

Post by chex »

Alialialia wrote:Apparently only 1 in 27 (or something like that) babies are aborted for a medical reason, rather than the parent not wanting the baby.
Cite please?

Not that a woman's reason matters to begin with.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

It was a world counter thing a few years back. Can't remember the name now. But I just researched a bit, and one in 5 worldwide are aborted, for whatever reason.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex

Post by chex »

I read this article a while back.
http://thehairpin.com/2011/03/ask-an-abortion-provider/
I highly recommend it.
chex

Post by chex »

Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

cool article, I especially like the first one.

The only thing that bothers me though is how they say "anti-choice" in the last one. Just how pro-choice people aren't anti-life, pro-life people aren't anti-choice.
chex

Post by chex »

Actually, most people who claim to be pro-life also support the death penalty. And yes, when pro-lifers want to make abortion illegal, they are trying to take away that choice. Anti-choice is very accurate.
BeatStick
*must post more*

Post by BeatStick »

Did the Guest really say that rape is "bad luck", and that rape victims shouldn't be allowed to perform abortion?

I'm sorry, but I'm losing my faith in humanity.
Hello
chex

Post by chex »

Yep. I left that alone because I didn't think I could respond without a long string of personal attacks.
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Be fair though he did say "in my country" I just didn't realise that the middle ages was a country :?
sweetyex
Hi, I'm new

Post by sweetyex »

How much money do you give to abortion-rights groups each year? I try to give around $5,000 per year to organizations that give women in states like Mississippi free transport and lodging and abortions, since it can be tough for them to travel to the nearest abortion facility.
Last edited by sweetyex on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
chex

Post by chex »

That's really commendable. :)
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I don't know if i ever gave an opinion here and what it was but i got 2 see n hear about so many little and grown up kids mostly in the news paper (thx god) so i say make abortion free for any one who can't deal with being a parent ,but make them young ppl know how important is being a parent and what it takes.

i know a girl real sick in the head. i say a girl coz she acts like one but she's 55. she has akid who's brain got 2b even more sick. that's sad.
kids are getting killd by their parents .other who suffer from being poor and shazam!.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Amlak
*must post more*

Post by Amlak »

Abortion is one of those topics that are really difficult to discuss without seeing that neither of the opposing sides has it more spot on than the other.

I sometimes see myself arguing against abortion when, at other times, I argue for it. However, I do consistently believe that abortion should never be prevented when the woman bearing the "child" is at risk or the "child" is going to end up dying right after birth anyway.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Roe -vs- Wade turns 40 today. Here is an interesting article about how the United States and the world were having debates about abortion rights long before the Roe -vs- Wade verdict:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2013/01 ... n=20130122
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Saw this on Tumblr. It's a simple, yet effective argument.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆