Abortion

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Abortion

Post by summer »

What are your views on it?
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Abortion

Post by chex »

I was just telling bells we should try this discussion again. :?

I'm very pro-choice.

For the first trimester, any reason goes, both morally and legally. (By legally, I mean, what I think should be legal, not what current laws dictate) Accidents happen. Condoms break. Birth control fails. Pregnancy, child birth and having a baby/giving a baby away should not be a punishment.

Late term abortion for birth defects (Trisomy 18, etc) okay both morally and legally.

Abortion if the mother's life is at stake, definitely.

Abortion as gender selection, morally reprehensible, but should remain legal. Drawing legal lines at morals is a very grey area, and it's a slippery slope to go from that to even tighter restrictions on abortions. Also, I'd much rather see abortion because of the "wrong" gender than dumpster babies because of the "wrong" gender, or back alley abortions or the woman trying to force a miscarriage by doing drugs or something, and eventually giving birth to a crack baby.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Risky business bringing this topic back...
chex

Post by chex »

Most of us were quite civil last time. I think we can handle it if we play by the rules.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

I'm sure we can be civil.

I am pro choice, but I would personally never have an abortion. I couldn't not take the life of a fetus myself. I don't condemn a woman who has to make that choice for herself though, as long as it's well thought out and not degraded in any way.

I personally think if you do have one, then that is something that is private and personal and should be respected that way.
chex

Post by chex »

I don't like the idea that it be kept private and personal, simply because it keeps it taboo. I think that women need to be able to talk about it. I do agree that it should be done respectfully though.

I'm not sure if I would have been able to have one. I do know that giving a child up for adoption would destroy me in a way that aborting a fetus couldn't even begin to rival.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Private in the sense that you don't need to advertise to everyone that you did it, have some respect for yourself and for your body. I'm all for "talking" to people about to be able to deal with it and such, but not just to say "hey, guess what I did"
chex

Post by chex »

Okay, I think I get what you mean. :)
This book is the kind of discussion I was referring too.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I could never do that,cause i believe everything happens for a reason.
I heard of women who had an abortion just because they were affraid of changes that will happen to their body and i think this sucks.
I agree though,it is a personal choice and no one should interfer with that.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Ther are alot of poor kids around the world, i hate to say it but sometimes abortion is ..um...it is hard to say it.. i would never do that, but sometimes...it is needed. it also depends who is the father... who is the mother... ther are kids around the world that was born into hell, and ther are living in a kind'a hell.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

I have seen people with 12 kids who were happier then people with 1-2 kids ,with, every conditions to take care of them,and those 12 kids were much more well-behaved than the others.Yes,not all of us can be rich,some of us dont have the primary conditions to live,but life is a gift..depends on us if we make it a hell.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I wasn't talking about money, money isn't an issue, money won't make your life worth living. i was more like talking about ... care...support... love... treatment... and love again.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

I am pro life. the world needs balance... jus like the dark needs the light. After being in a war I have come to learn the value of the human life. and taking the life of someone should not be done so lightly. The child has committed no crimes and done nothing wrong. There are many couples out there who are unable to have children. Adoption is always a choice.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Rather then bash people over the head with my point of view (I agree 100% with US, with some exceptions I guess) I'd just like to point out the irony that abortion is something that's becoming more and more accepted, while euthanasia is something that still seams to be frowned upon. In any form. A person could be existing in a vegetative state, and there seams to be an outcry when they want to be euthanized. Notice how I use the word "exist"? When a person is in a completely vegetative state, the quality of life has to be pretty piss-poor.

A little off-topic I guess, but something I found interesting.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
chex

Post by chex »

I won't speak for anyone else, but I'm pro-choice and have absolutely no problem with euthanasia.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I dont know whats euthanasia is but i'm with Chex!
chex

Post by chex »

Effie, euthanasia is doctor assisted suicide.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Ok so in that case i am really cool with it, i think it is definitly\definitely a neccessery thing to do for someone who ask for it when his mind is clear. damn it, i saw my father suffering like hell, i had this work at the time that i should have carry a gun but i wasn't allowed to becose of some problems with the law. so i thought, back then that if i had a gun i would have shot him. i dont know if i could really do it if i had the chance, but hey dont you judge me for saying that.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

I've shot a horse that got injured... If I had a friend tell me to kill him cause they could not live anymore due to extreme sickness of somethign that would make life unliveable, I'd pull the trigger
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

No one likes to see people in pain,but i couldn`t do it myself.With doctor assistance,i am ok.