Open boarders between US and Mexico

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
SirEnder

Open boarders between US and Mexico

Post by SirEnder »

I firmly state that there should be open boarders between the US and Mexico, in order to increase Economic Engagement between either the US Mexico, Cuba or Venezuela. By opening borders we simply are not taking them down, however we are giving the immigrants visa's along with extensive background checks. There is no harm in doing so and this action would not only rise our economy but also lower our deficit ceiling. Any thoughts?? ;) ;)
Wesley
GOD

Re: Open boarders between US and Mexico

Post by Wesley »

It is more complicated than that. We would have to put a limit on those coming in, and so we would still have people sneaking in.

We need a better solution than what we are doing now, but opening the border is not the best answer.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Re: Open boarders between US and Mexico

Post by Dowster »

Just out of personal curiosity.. How the hell is the border controlled anyways? that's a hell of a lot of land to monitor if people are determined enough to travel on foot and to be honest making a journey without being sat on your bottom in a vehicle is not the most arduous of tasks completed in human history.

I undserstand checkpoints, gates and fences on roads and known passing points etc, but the entire US/Mexico border is pretty damn big. Maybe it's just my island mentality, but even here we have 11,073 miles of coastline and only ports and harbours are monitored. If somone wanted to get in a boat, run it into the ground on a random beach (a non touristy crappy one) and climb up a bit of a hill no one would notice.. In fact the Glastonbury festival is only a bunch of fields and has 10-20ft fencing around the entire site and people still manage to sneak in. I really have never been able to get my head around how land locked countries actually control and police their borders.

On topic I agree with Zot, there are a lot of conditon that apply to an individual in their own country, employment history, medical records, tax/national insurance contributions and criminal records. If people were just allowed to wander from place to place with no restrictions then it allows unlimited clean start overs for criminals, terrorists and serial benefit scammers.