Confederate Flag

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Confederate Flag

Post by Clarence »

I can't post a picture of it because it's so graphic that the forum may get shut down faster than when TV Land pulled Dukes of Hazard off the air!

But seriously, thoughts about all this?
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Confederate Flag

Post by chex »

No one is stopping people from flying it on their own private property. It makes you a douchebag to do so, but it's your legal right to be a douchebag. It has absolutely no place on government property though.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

There are people who are not racist, misogynist, backwards, inbred balloon knot who think the confederate flag represents cool lemonade and Spanish moss and a relaxing mint julep under the shade of a magnolia tree.

The flag itself has a unique history, and the choice to defiantly fly it also has an ignoble history.

Short story, it is not a state or federal flag, don't fly it on government property. Simple as that.

The museums in Gettysburg still have all their confederate flag memorabilia, and they made a statement saying they were not getting rid of it. I mean, the flag was certainly part of that war, and that is what the museum is all about, so the flag belongs there.

But when some redneck balloon knot in a jacked up pickup truck crash a black preschoolers birthday party at the local park, and they are flying the confederate flag.... yeah.... in that case smurf those dudes and smurf the flag they so love, since they are clearly using it to emphasize hate.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex

Post by chex »

Yeah yeah, culture, antebellum south... that was built with slavery. I don't buy into that argument at all.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

You don't have to.

Just like not all skinheads are into punk rock, not all Sneeches are Snooches, not all whiskey is Bourbon, and not all rednecks are racist.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex

Post by chex »

No, I get that. But the flag is a symbol of racism.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

And a swastica is a symbol of hate.

Oh, but wait. The flag is a symbol of one branch of an army that failed. They lost. The flag itself is not racist.

Just like the swastica is a symbol of balance and peace and the Universe.

Now, I am not saying lets paint a ConSwaFedreIstica flag on our foreheads or anything, just that the flag is really powerless, a pawn. It is in how you use it.

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex

Post by chex »

And if you fly the Nazi swastika flag and claim it's just German heritage, you're a douchebag too.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

There's a house not far from here that has a confederate flag in front of their window for everyone to see. I have been wondering if I should ask those people if they really know what it means.
It sort of pisses me off.