Money, Money, Money

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Shay
recuerdame

Money, Money, Money

Post by Shay »

So Sean likes to hold it over my head any time we joke of splitting up or any time the topic of conversation brings up money whether it is just me and him, friends, or family. He pays for rent and electric while I pay internet, gas, cell phone, and more often than not I get the food and groceries as well. Rent is ridiculously expensive at $965/mo for a house that should probably only be $700/mo. Now Sean has it in his head that he almost always pays for food when we go out and that he buys the groceries just as often as I do, if not more so. His latest thing he likes to say is that if we ever break up, he's going to take me to Judge Judy ( :roll: ) for all the backpay on rent since he has paid almost all of it. My argument has always been that it's ridiculous because I pay a majority of the bills, food, and groceries which he then says pales in comparison.

SO...

Tonight I decided to download my account activity for the last month into a nice little spreadsheet where I can color code items and easily tally up the totals of items spent on bills, food, groceries, etc. Looking at only the month of April (which isn't even over yet), I tallied up just the food, groceries, and a single tank of gas excluding any items where I purchased only for myself or friends. I did not include the bills in this amount.

Total: $780.54

So get off your smurf high horse and get the smurf over yourself. I'm so sick and tired of it being implied that I don't pull my weight and that the only reason I have several grand in the bank while you have none is because you pay for everything. No, Sir, you don't. You don't have any money because you're always making ridiculous purchases on things you don't need and I let you because it's your money. (One of the reasons I will NEVER get a joint account even if we get married.)

And on another note...

HOLY shazam!!! $780+ on nearly just food and groceries in a single month?! Talk about a major eye opener. Sean goes out to eat every day before work and often times during lunch as well. I tend to go as well just because he is, but I prefer not to. Last month I tried really hard to only buy groceries and make my food at home to take, but sometimes it's hard to follow when our counterpart does not follow the same. But seriously, after seeing that, I'm definitely going to try a lot harder to maintain just a limited amount towards food from the grocery store, forgo fast food, and conserve. Where as I have lots of money saved up, I never truly realized just how much I could have saved up right now that I don't.
Wesley
GOD

Re: Money, Money, Money

Post by Wesley »

I like how this rant has a constructive swing at the end.

Also, being together is not about being fair. If that little dickhead brings it up again you tell him to smurf off.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
personguy
Here and gone again

Post by personguy »

MONEY IS THE (square) ROOT OF ALL EVIL!
Fallow me on twitter for absolutely nothing
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Dude!
Seriously?
You responded to an over two year old topic with something all of us already know? IN CAPS????????
What planet are you from?
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

(Planet Just Discovered The Internet...)
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

:lmao:
personguy
Here and gone again

Post by personguy »

LaLou wrote:Dude!
Seriously?
You responded to an over two year old topic with something all of us already know? IN CAPS????????
What planet are you from?
jupiter
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Huh.. now I have that elementary school saying stuck in my head. "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider."

Also... I am amused that one month after this post I finally Sean. Although disappointed that I let him con me out of $4k before he left to avoid BS lawyer fees and his jackass brother who was going to sue me for $8k. *sigh*
personguy
Here and gone again

Post by personguy »

Shay wrote:Huh.. now I have that elementary school saying stuck in my head. "Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider."

Also... I am amused that one month after this post I finally Sean. Although disappointed that I let him con me out of $4k before he left to avoid BS lawyer fees and his jackass brother who was going to sue me for $8k. *sigh*
im gifted in math and coding. therefore: Boys go to Jupiter to get more SMARTER. :lol:
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Froot Loop (my nine year old daughter) would like me to tell you it's "get smarter" not "get more smarter."
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

And it totally doesn't rhyme. :roll: