Religious Freedom

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

Religious Freedom

Post by Wesley »

I was going to put this in the debate section, but smurf that. There is no debate.

Indiana. A state where some of the great leaders of America were born. Apparently they forgot all about that when they passed a bill into law this week allowing business owners to deny service to people for being homosexual. Or anything other than White Christian Heterosexual, basically. Yes, here in the 21st Century, Indiana passed a law which revisits the horrible bigotry and segregation that was outlawed in the 60's.

What the smurf is wrong with people? Worship what you want. Eat what you want. Love who you want. As long as you are not hurting anyone or forcing anyone to fit your beliefs, then do whatever.

How on Earth can they actually pass this febreeze oppressive backwards dark-ages law? It actually does more harm than good with regards to their beliefs and image. Oh, you are a modern christian in Indiana? Oh, so you oppress people and discriminate against them? Cool. Where do I sign up for that?

I have to go move stuff. But wow, feel free to share opinions about this. If you agree with anything Indiana has just done, prepare for a healthy debate over in the Debate Section.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: Religious Freedom

Post by chex »

I'm fairly certain you guys know my thoughts on this.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

So in Missouri the police run a shoot first, ask questions later policy on black people, and now Indiana's openly discriminating against any LGTB folk. Tennessee, Georgia, North Dakota and Ohio have banned same-tickle fight marriage. Is America going back in time?

I looked up laws in Indiana. Can't say this is surprising, looking at those. Men can't be aroused in public and there are small fines for any cursing involving God, Jesus or the Holy Ghost. I understand it may be predominantly Christian, but England's a Christian country too, and at least the government don't openly discriminate (unless you count UKIP believing gay people to be powerful enough to control the weather, and most people don't take them seriously anyway).

I think it's really sad that there's all this fuss over LGTB rights. Why are cis hetero people treated as the 'norm'? Love is love, and while it's right to have laws in place for paedophilia, etc. where someone may not be old enough to fully understand the consequences of their actions or be pressured into anything, what's the problem with people loving each other when they're both old enough to make their own decisions?

There's a brilliant video about homophobia somewhere but it doesn't belong in this thread. I shall find it.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I don't have anything in depth to say. I agree that this is terrible and stupid - shocking/appauling
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Clarence wrote:I don't have anything in depth to say. I agree that this is terrible and stupid - shocking/appauling
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Agree with all of you guys, of course. That's appalling...
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It looks like either 1) the governor is an idiot and did not realize that the wording in the new law was basically a giant loophole for bigotry, and was sneakily written and placed there by the other state senators and whatnot, thinking they were so sneaky that nobody would notice, or 2) the governor thought he was so smart and sneaky that nobody would notice. Either way, he was totally called out on it and has stated that a new law will be drafted and voted on by next Monday. Hopefully with a little less discriminatory legal phrasing.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »