money

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

money

Post by Wesley »

Okay, this is more of a mini-rant. I had a box full of loose change, maybe the same size as a one litre bottle. I've had my change counted at this same bank for years, using the automated coin counter thingie... very convenient. Well, it printed out the receipt and said there was only 28 bucks worth of change there. I have no way of contesting their numbers, because I didn't pre-count the change, but the physical volume and weight of the change I had was approximately the same as ten rolls of quarters, or 100 dollars. Even with a medium to high amount of smaller coin, I feel the value should have been higher than $28, but since I had already run it through the machine, there was nothing I could do to re-count it.

For whatever reason this has put me into a little bit of a shitty mood.

Lesson: always count your change first.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: money

Post by Clarence »

Sorry man, I don't trust those machines either and roll coins myself in sheets of paper and piss off bank tellers. No joke
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I trust them. in machines i trust.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I don't think we have those here. I've seen one, but it either donates to a charity of its choice or takes a cut and gives you a voucher. Much more fun to piss off some poor cashier by using all your change in a shop.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

No it's not. I've been a cashier and it was never fun. One time a bloke payed an amount of over 4500 euro with fifty euro notes. It was smurf Christmas time, lines were building, and company policy demanded that someone from security was present when certain amounts were payed cash. And he kept me waiting. Lines still building.
Or that kid who payed for his Nintendo-something, 180 euro, with coins. All coins. Not the one or two euro coins, but 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, and 50 cent coins. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THEM ORGANIZED. And every time when I started counting he would butt in and "help" me, so I had to start over again, until I told him, yes, TOLD, not asked, to stand back and let me do my job. His mom pissed with me because I tried to ask him next time to at least organize his coins.
I try to avoid paying cash at all cost. It's only when a vendor does not have ATM, that I pay cash, and most of the times I have to go to the bank to draw some money.
Bah, cash payers. :?
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I try to pay for fuel with cash, as the cash price is usually cheaper, but other than that, I generally use my card.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I generally save small change for when paying for things on a self-scan till or something because it is less irritating for people. I've only paid 'large' amounts in small change twice, and the higher amount was probably about £12 (and the cashier said he'd trust me to have got it right rather than counting it).
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆