food

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

food

Post by Wesley »

Not exactly sure where to direct my frustration on this one. I suppose it is just bad luck, and a little bad timing. Oh, I suppose you need more detail than that. Okay, here you go:

At the grocery store, things like oranges and avocados are often sold with a discount if you buy a bunch of them. With oranges, there is no way I can eat half a peck by myself before the sugar starts to turn. Knowing this, I still buy the large quantity sometimes. The rant comes in when I just buy three, knowing I can finish them quickly.... and by the time I peel #2 the sugars have already started to turn! Instead of a lovely sweet tangy piece of fruit, I get a moderately tasteless wedge shaped piece of pulp.

With avocados I almost never buy more than three at a time. And even then, with every bunch of three that I get, one of them is perfect -- I tell you what, it is a wonderful yet simple experience to eat a perfect avocado. Soft, dark green, but not slimy. Creamy and flavorful, with just a pinch of salt... so good! Ahem, anyway, I get one lovely fruit and inevitably I get one that has started to turn black and stringy. It is possible to use a spoon and work around the black bits, but then it is a chore rather than a pleasing pastime.

I have not had an avocado in a while, but there is an orange on my breakfast plate, and more than a few wedges have been the flat and flavorless kind.

I am truly grateful to be able to have fresh (?) fruit on my table, but it is still frustrating when it goes bad before I get a chance to eat it, especially when it is not my fault.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Re: food

Post by Shay »

This is why I never get fruits and veggies and I miss them. I am the only one in the household that will eat them. Brandon hates fruits and veggies, except for potatoes if you even call it a veggie. I know some people that consider them more roots/starches than a vegetable. Anyway, I cannot eat fruits and veggies by myself before they start to go bad or the quality just starts to change in general. And it seems like a big waste of time to try and go to the store daily. So I just never buy them and I miss them a lot. :(
Wesley
GOD

Re: food

Post by Wesley »

i'll tell ya, fresh crunchy fruits and vegetable are like a magic bullet... so good for you, fixes everything! That is unless they get gross and slimy before you can eat them....
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~