Why One X-Men: Apocalypse Ad Is Offending Some Fans

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Why One X-Men: Apocalypse Ad Is Offending Some Fans

Post by Clarence »

There is a major problem when the men and women at 20th Century Fox think casual violence against women is the way to market a film. There is no context in the ad, just a woman getting strangled. The fact that no one flagged this is offensive and frankly, stupid. The geniuses behind this, and I use that term lightly, need to take a long hard look at the mirror and see how they are contributing to society. Imagine if it were a black man being strangled by a white man, or a gay male being strangled by a hetero? The outcry would be enormous. So let’s right this wrong. 20th Century Fox, since you can’t manage to put any women directors on your slate for the next two years, how about you at least replace your ad?
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-One- ... 34937.html

discuss
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Why One X-Men: Apocalypse Ad Is Offending Some Fans

Post by Clarence »

I never viewed the add this way because basically it's a live action cartoon with people with super heroes fighting

If it was an add for a movie that took place not in a cartoon such as an office or home with normal people that would be different
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I agree with you. Super heroes are not people; they are more like soldiers. Man, woman, does not matter. it is enemy -vs- enemy.

The people that got upset about this ad are looking for problems where there are none.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Remember when Wolverine stabbed the Phoenix in X-Men 3 Last stand?

He never even went to jail

smurf
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

This ad will be what everyone sees though, regardless of whether or not they watch the film. They could have picked another image. Is this central to the plot?
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Cho wrote:This ad will be what everyone sees though, regardless of whether or not they watch the film. They could have picked another image. Is this central to the plot?
I never seen the film yet, plan to Thursday

No spoilers!!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

This is but one of literally dozens of ads. The film is about a strong foe that can take more than one X-person by himself. This leads to the x-people combining their talents for a greater result.

Nothing to do with weird robot man hating on weird blue woman.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~