"belief"

Want to rant about something? Or see me go on about something stupid? This is the place.
Wesley
GOD

"belief"

Post by Wesley »

I think I have finally put my finger on why I get so angry about all the shazam! eaters who don't believe we landed on the moon: It is not only an insult to the men and women who died in the pursuit of advancing Humanity, but it is also un-American to deny that one of the world's greatest accomplishments -- and certainly a feather in the cap of ol' Uncle Sam -- ever happened.

While I am on the subject.... many Moon hoaxers are also young Earth creationists. This boils my blood. I'll tell you why:

The YEC group wants religious myth taught as scientific fact in schools. Next they want laws based around their fairy tale. Not anyone else's fairy tale, just theirs. You know what it is called when the religious leaders also run the country? A Caliphate. Last time America had a caliphate in place was umm... let's see... somewhere near Boston... Salem? Yeah! smurf Salem Witch Trials were because of imaginary friends supposedly telling people that everyone was witches, and since the jeebus lovers were also the Law, they burned a bunch of innocent people. This creationist febreeze is just one generation away from taking us back 500 years. And smurf all that!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Re: "belief"

Post by chex »

Just a nitpick, but they were hung in Salem. Burning was in Europe. (Though, I believe they hung them in some places over there as well.)
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Don't care. Just irked that a growing group of people actually want the world to go backwards.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Don't care. Just irked that a growing group of people actually want the world to go backwards.
Like most Donald Trump voters
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

It's okay Ball, according to a Trump spokeswoman, Trump's stance on immigration hasn't changed.
Not that that means anything
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men