Bush Drops Out

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Bush Drops Out

Post by Moe »

Apparently Jeb dropped out of the race.. Meaning one less person for Trump to compete with..

Hopefully those who supported Jeb will go for someone other than Trump, pushing them past Trump in the polls
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Bush Drops Out

Post by Clarence »

This scares the shazam! out of me. Every step forwards that Trum gets is a step back for America and the world as a consequence
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

It is laughable that anyone thinks Trump could possibly win. The republican party is dying and the only thing they have is to become more and more radical and ridiculous to achieve attention. Trump doesn't stand a chance, regardless if he's up against Hilary or Bernie.

That said, should Trump actually win despite all odds, then we as Americans truly deserve it.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Cheshire wrote:That said, should Trump actually win despite all odds, then we as Americans truly deserve it.
Thats like giving the whole class detention because one kid wouldn't stop being a shithead
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

It wouldn't be one shithead though. It would be everyone who voted Republican, which would mean the majority of people who voted.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Cho wrote:which would mean the majority of people who voted.
Not necessarily.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Jerrymandering and the electoral college smurf up the statistics.

Historically, when voter turnout is low, Republicans win. That is one of the special things about Bernie... and even Trump! It is getting people excited and pissed off enough to make sure they are registered so they can vote.

Still not sure what the Republican game plan is... I mean, are they planning to lose? They have not said or done anything constructive since this whole thing started. Oh, they did say they would set back Women's rights and freedom of speech a few decades. I guess that is something.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

So it's down to 7 candidates?

2 republicans - Hilary and Sanders

5 Democrats - Trump, Cruz ... 3 others

?
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

Do the less-outrageous Republicans actually do anything? We never hear of them over here.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

They oppress women and minorities a little more quietly.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

That's probably a good thing, they attract less negative publicity. Democrats with Trump is just a clown show.

Like always there's never a good candidate .. just puck the one who you think will smurf up the country the least :P

Similar thing with the Canada elections we just had.
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

We had someone who wanted to make the rich richer and the poor poorer, someone who screwed over all the students having promised not to and lost 48 of his 56 seats, a self-confessed racist who didn't even get elected in his own constituency, and someone who carved his promises into a giant stone.

Voting for the least awful was actually a pretty tough call.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

That's why I have a hard time voting, they often both suck for so many different or conflicting reasons and to weigh it all out and keep up with EVERYTHING ... baha ... who has the time???
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Stateless wrote:
Cheshire wrote:That said, should Trump actually win despite all odds, then we as Americans truly deserve it.
Thats like giving the whole class detention because one kid wouldn't stop being a shithead
I disagree. If it was one person, then sure. But it's not just one person. It's hundreds of thousands of people. If we elect Donald Trump as president, then we have truly failed as a country. Sure, not everyone individual, but when you look at the big picture and the country as a whole, we have failed.

Thankfully, I personally feel we are succeeding as I see more and more young people coming out of the woodwork to stand up for what is right. Religion and bigotry is rapidly declining within our younger generations compared to our older generations. We have fresh minds with eyes wide open that can actually see what they will inherit if they don't start fighting it now. And I think that is flipping awesome. I really don't see Trump winning this unless there is some febreeze loopholes in the voting system. I would really hate to see a repeat of Al Gore vs. George Bush.
Moe

Post by Moe »

Sure, but are you going to give the entire class detention because:
1 Student - Trump - is being an bottom
35% of the students are supporting him (Assuming only Republicans are voting in the Republican polls)
30% of the students are minding their own hoping it just dies down and goes away
35% of the students are actively trying to get that one student to realize he's being an bottom and to stop.

Maybe 35-40% of the class is at least partially deserving of detention, but saying that "If he gets elected, we as Americans deserve it" is like saying "Class, This 1 student was being bad, and even thought a third of you were trying to get him to stop, you are all receiving detention"

If he wins, it will simply be because of either:
a) Some states you are required to vote within your party
b) Some voters will do anything to not have a Republican president, and will vote for Trump simply so that the Democrats don't win.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

The place where your analogy fails is that if Trump is elected, he'll in effect be being rewarded. But while the asshat and his followers would be being rewarded, everyone else is suffering as a result of the asshat being in control.

A bit like Voldemort and the Death Eaters really.
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Using your breakdown of events here..
35% are supporting Trump, which is a big problem and not helping the cause.
30% are wishing it away in their minds so they don't have to get involved, also not helping.
35% actively trying to fight it.

So what you're telling me is we have 65% not helping the cause and clearly misguided or misinformed. We have 65% who choose not to properly do their research and open their eyes to the big picture. In a country where you elect by majority rules, then the majority of the country is failing in this scenario and therefore we have failed as a country.

I don't really think it's fair to use it as a detention scenario in the first place because they're really not anything comparable. You don't elect for detention.

Also, I'm pretty sure the statement that you must vote in your own party is inaccurate. There are primaries and caucuses in some states that require you to vote in your own party, but ultimately you can vote for whomever you choose regardless of your party in the presidential election.
Moe

Post by Moe »

My grampa thoerises that it's all the Democrats voting for Trump in the polls so that when elections come up the Republicans won't have anyone to really vote for and so Hillary will win..

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Stateless wrote:My grampa thoerises that it's all the Democrats voting for Trump in the polls so that when elections come up the Republicans won't have anyone to really vote for and so Hillary will win..
That;s amazing
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Cruz is just as bad as Trump.