What the heck

Do you have something interesting to share from where you live? Any news articles or events that are going on that you want to post? Here's the place to do it.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

What the heck

Post by LaLou »

is going on in the US?
I see lots of posts on facebook abour black lives matter, but there's nothing on the news here. Can somone enlighten me please?
Wesley
GOD

Re: What the heck

Post by Wesley »

There is a large gap of social and economic equality in the US, very often skewed against people of African descent. In the past few years, several black men who were guilty of very small crimes were beaten, accused of resisting arrest, and some of them were shot and killed. Often, the police department in question would try to cover up any wrong doing.

The "Black Lives Matter" campaign is trying to show how prejudicial and racist officers and policies are hiding in the cracks and wants to hold all people in authority to a high and equal standard so that black people and other minorities can live their lives like normal rather than always looking over their shoulder.

It is sad that such a thing is even necessary. The color of your skin, the shape of your eye, the accent in your voice... none of that makes anyone less of a person that anyone else. I have always abhorred racism and prejudice, and the Black Lives Matter campaign is trying to point out that such prejudices do indeed still exist, and they need to be eliminated.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~