5FG Main Thread

This is for forum posting games if you're extra bored and there's nothing to do and you feel like you need to lower your IQ a bit. enjoy!

Moderator: bella

Should 5FGs become official?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes: 7

coolio3
Starting to fit in

5FG Main Thread

Post by coolio3 »

I've decided to make a new type of Forum Game - a 5FG. However, I would like a moderator (of any forum) to read this and approve of it for me.

Moderators, if you approve of this, please tell me and I'll start by making the 5FG I have in mind. The reason why I need moderator approval is I want to check it's allowed.

Basically, 5FG means Five File Game. Each one uses 5 threads (6 including the main thread). To start a 5FG, you'd create the main thread. You'd put what the game is about and all, just like you would on any topic post. Then, you'd put something like this at the bottom of the thread:

File 1:
File 2:
File 3:
File 4:
File 5:

Then when a user wanted to play, they'd tell you. You would then make a separate thread for only you, the player, and any moderators if they needed to post. That user would then play their game on that thread. Most 5FGs would (obviously) be one-player, and up to five people could play them.

There could also be limits of how many you could make, maybe 5 per user, to prevent spam. We could also change the number of files from five to something else (within reason). Then this thread would become the main thread with links of them all on, I would update it. It could also be stickied if needed.

Anyway, anyone would be free to make 5FGs if this is approved.

Anyone can post their suggestions here, but I'm not going ahead with it until at least one moderator approves of this.
Last edited by coolio3 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Help decide whether 5FGs become official!
I like to hang out in the Bored Games section. That's where you're likely to see me.
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Re: 5FG Main Thread (moderators please view)

Post by KecleonFan »

I'm not a moderator, but I like it. :D
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

Well, we need to wait for moderator approval. Sorry. :(

2-1 on the poll!
I like to hang out in the Bored Games section. That's where you're likely to see me.
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

Mods of other sections can approve to, not just bella and Clarence.
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

Bella is viewing this section! :D
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

As Clarence said before, right now we don't have enough active posters to keep that kind of games going.
You already posted two games, why not wait a while and see how they develop? Once people lose interest ideas it#s time to bring up some new ideas.
If I understood you correctly you want one main thread about the game and then four others? That get's way too confusing. Better keep it plain and simple.
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

bella wrote:As Clarence said before, right now we don't have enough active posters to keep that kind of games going.
You already posted two games, why not wait a while and see how they develop? Once people lose interest ideas it#s time to bring up some new ideas.
If I understood you correctly you want one main thread about the game and then four others? That get's way too confusing. Better keep it plain and simple.
I think you have misunderstood me. While five other threads would be used, each member would only use one. It wouldn't be confusing, I can update this easily.
What do you think?
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Why would you need more than one thread then?
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

bella wrote:Why would you need more than one thread then?
Each user would play on a separate thread. It would be like a one-player game, but this way five people can play with no confusion.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

That can easily be done within one thread, I doubt it will be confusing since there won't be that many players.

What kind of game would it be anyway?
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

bella wrote:That can easily be done within one thread, I doubt it will be confusing since there won't be that many players.

What kind of game would it be anyway?
I kinda had puzzle games in mind (that way you wouldn't spoil solutions) but other games would work as well like action games, adventure games, and other 1P games.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Puzzles, riddles, story writing and such all work but how would you make an action game in this very forum?
There are also plenty of older threads, you might want to have a look at these and see if you can find anything you like. This section was created to get some distraction if you are bored or fed up with the levels. Main topic is still the Never Ending Level Game.
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

bella wrote:Puzzles, riddles, story writing and such all work but how would you make an action game in this very forum?
There are also plenty of older threads, you might want to have a look at these and see if you can find anything you like. This section was created to get some distraction if you are bored or fed up with the levels. Main topic is still the Never Ending Level Game.
No offence, but I think that this isn't going to get us anywhere and I think if we don't stop now, this could turn into an argument.
I'm not asking for advice, I'm asking if this is allowed.

So, is this idea allowed (I'd stop it if it wasn't so successful) - yes or no?
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

There isn't any argument that is going to start. Bella wants to know all of the information to make an informed decision. ;)
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

edited; Thanks Clov, you were faster than me. ;)

It's not an argument, I just ask for more information. If this ends in creating a lot of new threads without many posts in them, I'd say it's not necessary.
Maybe you can manage with one thread and see how it works. Once it is successful you can still create more threads. I like your new input, this section just shouldn't get too cluttered.
For the beginning, is it manageable with one thread?
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

Clovvach wrote:There isn't any argument that is going to start. Bella wants to know all of the information to make an informed decision. ;)
OK, if she continues I can understand that. I may as well allow this to continue. For now, if you haven't voted in the poll, your decision would help.

bella - it would be EXTREMELY tough to manage with one thread, so not really. But what we could do is I make one, we see how it goes on, and decide in a few days. How about that?
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

That would be a good compromise.
coolio3
Starting to fit in

Post by coolio3 »

A 5FG has been created. It is under the name of Word Crunch 5FG.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Re: 5FG Main Thread

Post by Jonny Boy »

As the second highest ranking admin of the board I'm going to say....

NO
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Re: 5FG Main Thread

Post by KecleonFan »

Why are you being so mean to coolio3?
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O