One Year

This is the official new section for anything pertaining to my game. Please check here for updates.

Moderator: Clarence

Wesley
GOD

One Year

Post by Wesley »

One year ago something amazing happened.

A week or two prior to February 9th, 2008, I had discovered this cool game called the Never Ending Level Game. I like games and puzzles and things that stimulate the brain. It was snowing and I had been playing some of those cute little room escape games, some geometry games, quiz games and the like to pass the time. The Never Ending Level Game promised to be a fun challenge as well as an IQ test... the highest level you finish represents your IQ. After just a few minutes I decided that I really liked the game. As I progressed to the higher levels, I would find myself asking one of my brothers for his opinion, thinking about the game while at work, finding any excuse to get online and play the game some more. When my family was no longer any help, I clicked the link in the game for the official help forum and just browsed around a little, making sure to stay away from hints about levels I had not yet reached. I was making some progress, and one day I was sad to find that I could no longer log in to the forum. I was in shock! No forum? No more hints? I checked back every day or two and was very pleasantly surprised to find a new, classier looking forum for the Never Ending Level Game. I registered that same day with the idea that just as I got hints and help, I could share my insights with others.

At first I just browsed the advice of others, using what I needed and ignoring the rest. Once in a while I would read a post from someone having the same challenges I had in a level, so I would post a poignant response that was designed to shed light, but not give away too much of the answer. The more I would read, the more familiar I got with some of the users and Moderators. I would read some advice that I thought was snarky or sarcastic and make a note of which user that was. Other posts completely missed the point and I would familiarize myself with those users as well. I started posting more advice and hints as I progressed through the game and once in a while my words would be edited. Can you believe it? I thought my hints were almost works of art as far as enlightening my fellow puzzle players and yet leaving the prize for them to pluck. I would post a gem at lunchtime and come back after dinner to see if anyone had used my advice -- only to find that I had been edited by Summer! It became a bit of a game to me... to see how creative I could get and not be edited. Once or twice I felt that the Mods would edit me just for fun....

As the weeks went on I grew familiar with the wisdom and wit of Summer, the fun and friendly Chex, the nurturing Shay; it got to the point where interacting with these people in the forum was as important as the hints I would receive. Anytime I would post a hint that was not only left unedited, but also got some kind words from Clarence or Dowster, I was elated! Quickly the forum was gaining the same social atmosphere as the break room at work, or the cafeteria at school. I started reading threads other than the ones I posted in. I posted a few items unrelated to the help section. I was having conversations with my new found friends. I chat with Bella almost daily. I say a quick "hello!" to the other mods almost as often as I talk to my own father.

I was totally surprised and honored one day when Clarence asked if I would like to be a moderator. Wow! The creator of this game, the very game which had taken over the majority of my free time, was asking if I would like to assist in giving advice and making sure not too much was revealed. It was like getting a backstage pass at a concert! It was like being handed the keys to the car for the first time. It was like, well it was great. Soon "Zot" started appearing in more places throughout the forum. It was a tremendous pleasure to be able to contribute to something that had brought so much enjoyment and entertainment to my leisure time.

Looking back on the past year is really quite amazing. Friendships were forged with Bella, Mouse, Dowster, Clarence and others; we helped Yaz Pistachio pick out his user name; I watched Reaper grow from an idiot to a reasonable human being; I watched BBP remain fairly unreasonable; we had heated discussions about politics and society with people from all around the world; some people had babies; some people got advice on new jobs and new cars; some new friends have joined and some old friends have moved on; the Never Ending Level Game has grown a few times, getting better each time. This forum has become an important part of my daily life. I check the mail, I go to work, I watch the news, I get on the NELG forum to see what's new with everyone.

I'd like to thank Clarence and every admin, every moderator, every user who makes this forum what it is.

Happy Anniversary NELG Forum!

Here's to a great year and many more to come!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Eff
Demimod

Re: One Year

Post by Eff »

waw Zot,thanks it made me feel like im not the only one that feels this way,about the forum 'n ppl here

one year ago i accidently find this game,i never liked the games on the net,i never played any other game and i still dont. but the NELG was special.i was laughing a lot and i loved it. i started to use the help sec' and got ban cos i had no patience, after a week or two the color of my name became pink ,after few more weeks i realized im the only pink and its belong to the 'ennoying ppl' . i strarted to behave and got my red color back. after 3-4 months i realized im an addict to the forum.
i love the ppl here, every one of them (clarence is ok too...) i must check out the forum everyday ,i hate it when ppl leave and dont ever come back to say hellow (shay, and my dear Efdee who's goen) i learned alot of english thanks to you guys,
and when i have something i want to ask about ,to have a second opinion i know i have my freinds here who will help, and it helps alot.

its really awesome ,like the other day when i was out ,doing things ,and thought to my self that at this very moment chex is having her baby...

it is like home
you all are my freinds and
love you all!

:D

and ONE BIG TIME thanks to clarence for everything
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Zot, that was awesome!!

I'm not nearly so eloquent, so I just made a list. :D

Some of my favorite memories from this past year…
-nymphos and pervs (are you really surprised?)
-meeting up with a few fellow nymphos and pervs in a chat room
-leaving a conversation up to make Shay giggle, and having Clarence stumble across it. :lmao:
-being a PM Shay
-giving bells crap for being a post Shay (<3 you, bella!)
-playing with the multiple PM feature… :?
-dustin earning his rank
-reaper warnings
-the coke vs pepsi thread! :shock: ho.ly. shazam!!
-"I'm thirsty"
-summer and her sausages *snickers*
-the implication that Jon and Clarence are more than friends
-naked hugs…
-telling off reaper in ettie’s “stupid level” thread
-PMing with Dowster after the abortion thread, and finding out that we were both keeping a lid on our happy news as to not make the other one feel bad.
-Shay’s drawings
-Helz and her pole
-Jon defending my honor after other forum members tried passing me around like the forum bicycle <3
-trying not to go apeshit on KAT-KAT and friends
-the cream
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

chex wrote: -leaving a conversation up to make Shay giggle, and having Clarence stumble across it. :lmao:
Lmao I remember that! You know I tried to go to that chat a few months ago and received an error message that said no longer existed. I died a little inside that night. ;-;
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

We got to save Shay's drawings too!
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Shay wrote:
chex wrote: -leaving a conversation up to make Shay giggle, and having Clarence stumble across it. :lmao:
Lmao I remember that! You know I tried to go to that chat a few months ago and received an error message that said no longer existed. I died a little inside that night. ;-;
I tried recently too. Damn, I miss that place.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

ummm... I can make a chat room if you guys want... I've actually been here for over a year. Just not a poster until late July. I will be sending clarence my therapist bill for the emotional and mental damage he has inflicted upon me with this forum and game.

I've had rough times here in the forum which some of you know about. I am honestly glad I joined this place. The support and compassion given to me by some of the memebers is priceless.. soem of my fav memories is the poetry section though I have no clue how to find it to moveo it over here I hope someone will. The offensive images thread. Becoming Demi-Mod of a subject I know all to well. conversations with Bella Chex and mousey BTW where is mousey? Reading a few post by a soldier that I could honestly say was my life. Opening the eyes of some people about the horrors of war... and the bizzare subjects in the 18+ section
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I am honestly glad you joined, too.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I always enjoyed having you around as well. (: