spyware or virus scanner

This is the official new section for anything pertaining to my game. Please check here for updates.

Moderator: Clarence

Clarence
Game Destroyer

spyware or virus scanner

Post by Clarence »

I can't remember where someone on here posted an awesome spyware or virus scanner program that was free. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: spyware or virus scanner

Post by Moe »

Would it by chance be AVG?
If it isn't, then I don't know.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Maybe, I need something to remove spyware.

I'm borrowing a laptop that underlines words when on the browser so I'm afraid there may be spyware or some toolbar on there.

I want to make sure my information is secure as I need to type in a credit card # to buy something online.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

I know AVG does viruses, and an excellent job at that.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks!

If anyone knows a spyware program please post it.

I think Bella or someone posted a good one before.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

AVG is good. Avast is good. Both are free.

Are you using FireFox? Sometimes it underlines stuff whether you want it to or not. That does not mean it is unsafe. Make sure the site you are on starts with www.https// etc. If you see that, you can relax and order whatever you like.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Great advice with https thanks
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

I use AVG and Avast, but for spyware go with Spybot search and destroy

with the others they provide a limited free service, and although it's sufficient their main objective is to also get people to upgrade to the premium. Spybot on the other hand is made and maintained by a bunch of guys who were generally pissed off that people should have to pay money just to keep their computers safe from malicious crap, even when I bought my last laptop that came with a 1 year subscription to Nortons most expensive package. It was still able to find and remove things that Norton couldn't

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Been using it since 2004 and the only thing I ever saw about payment (aside from the option to oder a CD with a personal version of Spybot from their website) is the info at the top of the download page

"We believe that privacy is a personal right, not a consumer good that needs to be bought. We want to base our decisions on matters of privacy and security only, not commercial gain. We also believe in free choice.

Spybot-S&D is maintained by a team of people very dedicated to privacy issues, many of which are working full-time on analysing masses of new threats each week, and the response time from our support team is better than that of many a commercial vendor. Sometimes we even have to defend our decision to protect your privacy in court. All these things are not without cost to us.

As a compromise, we would appreciate it if you would honour our efforts with a moderate donation. As a private customer, you are free to not give us anything for using Spybot-S&D to its fullest extent, but any donation will directly support our teams effort
s to provide you with a top grade anti-malware solution, and secure our continuous operation and your freedom of choice."

I think that message is somewhere within the prgram istelf too, but nowhere that you easily notice it, and it never pops up or reminds you
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks a lot man, this is what I was looking for!!!
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

You are most welcome sir :D