The whole hints thing

Now's your chance to ask me (Clarence), any question you've wondered about the game. I will personally answer your questions (as long it doesn't reveal passwords)
Dmitri
Starting to fit in

The whole hints thing

Post by Dmitri »

Usually when I play a game (in this case it being the NELG obviously) I am pretty determined to figure out how to get past whatever I am stuck on or whatever challenging part I am on, on my own. I only ask for someone's help as a last resort. I guess you could say it ties into my belief that a game is meant to be conquered by that individual, and there is a larger sense of pride in doing so. So that ties into my question for you, is this a belief that you adopt as well? Of course, you wish the best for anyone who tries your game, and you're glad to provide assistance to anyone who needs it (I said needs it, not simply wants it) Because let's face it, you don't want some idiot coming to you on Level 20 because they're to lazy to count squares. So what I was wondering is, do I take it too far, or do you prefer we only come to you if we are truly stuck? Because there's going to be people who come wanting help after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, a half hour, an hour, 3 hours, 5 hours, whatever. Maybe there's not a specific boundary for you, but I just wanted to get your thoughts on this. Sorry if that's long, I just wanted to explain it the best I could :D
If I'm not playing Never Ending Level Game, it might be because I'm watching NASCAR.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: The whole hints thing

Post by Clarence »

I think we have the same beliefs.

I always try to help people with my game if it's legitimate requests. I don't take it too seriously when someone doesn't appear to be trying.
Dmitri
Starting to fit in

Post by Dmitri »

Okay
If I'm not playing Never Ending Level Game, it might be because I'm watching NASCAR.
Dmitri
Starting to fit in

Post by Dmitri »

That wasn't exactly what I was asking but it's not that important of a question anyhow.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Maybe I'm not sure how to answer your questions. I don't find you take it too far.

I don't have a timeline for how long it should be before someone asks for help, it's different for every person. I do find it suspicious when someone asks for help again immdeiately after receiving help or for every single level.

And it is a help forum. I expect people to ask for help but perfer it be when they're stuck rather then if they have put much effort into trying.

Bottom line: If you want help and appear like you're trying / putting an effort into it then I will do my best to help. I won't hold people's hand along every part of the game.
Dmitri
Starting to fit in

Post by Dmitri »

Makes sense.