Level 299

Are you stuck on a level? This is the section of the forum you come to. Don't come here looking for the passwords, this is just to provide hints. We will try to help you as much as we can, you do not need to register to post in this section.
CS

Level 299

Post by CS »

In Round 1, I picked up nine rings except the one inside the pond. Is there any way to remove the water so that that ring becomes pickable? I've tried clicking it by placing it at different locations and corners but in vain. Please assist how could I pick it up and thank you!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Level 299

Post by Clarence »

Have you tried drinking the water out of the pond?

Congrats buddy, this is the first help thread for level 299 that I can remember :shock:

It's the penultimate culmination of my levels and ideas, so it's going to be hard, not only do you have to think outside the box you have to see it from miles away
cs

Post by cs »

First help for level 299?! Then I must be too weak compared to the ten people who passed it without requesting help... :(

Anyway, I noticed the screen that locks me out of the game is also a picture of a pond filled with water. This makes me wonder is there anything fishy about the picture. Maybe it's not simply a lock screen. I searched the image and found out it is the album art of the song Moon River by The Honey Trees. Therefore, I tried passwords that include 'moon' , 'river' as keywords. I'll keep on searching for further clues.
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

cs wrote:First help for level 299?! Then I must be too weak compared to the ten people who passed it without requesting help... :(
10 people that got to this level and didn't request help, versus how many people got to this level and gave up? (Probably a few)
Versus, how many people have played this game and never even got to 299?
Dude! Being the first person that Clarence remembers asking for help on this level is not at all a bad thing! Especially considering only 10 people have beaten all 300! You are super duper close to the end! And there is no shame in needing help this far along!

I can say, I've never gotten past 160, and to be completely honest, way back when I first started playing, I needed help on level 18! Eight fricken teen!

Also, I did a quick search, and there are at least 2 other topics requesting help on this level, so you aren't the first one. However, those were 2 and 7 years ago.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
CS

Post by CS »

I can still recall the time when I was playing this game during my childhood, the first help I needed was on level 19. I asked my dad to unscramble for me, since I just didn't have any idea for unscrambling at that age... How time flies!

After doing a carpet search, I suspect there are two things fishy (apart from the secret of the screen that locks me out as mentioned previously):

First, there's a grey kite that is non-clickable, which can't be used to move the screen. It just stays there without any observable response.

Second, there're two kites located in the lava. However, they are not essential for movement. What they do is extending the area reachable on screen.

Just joking, do I need to count the number of stars in the sky?