Hard to Believe

This section is for any improvement ideas for my game. Also it's for anything that you might want to discuss about my game that doesn't fit into any other category.
Wesley
GOD

Hard to Believe

Post by Wesley »

We had a bunch of snow.... work had been cancelled, and I was shoveling in shifts. While taking a break and having some hot chocolate to warm up, I came across a little brain teaser on line and started playing. Hours later, the sidewalks were clean, my toes were cold, and I was back in front of the computer trying to prove that I was smarter than a turnip.

This was five years ago. 5. FIVE. Woah! As a percentage of my life, NELG has now taken up 12.5% of my thoughts and actions and leisure time. If I stop playing around in this forum right now, it will be impossible to strike the memories and friendships from the recesses of my brain. I'll be 75 years old and think of a silly joke or dragging some colored squares around a screen or a bad joke someone made in here. I'm okay with this.

Happy five-o-versary to me and NELG.

Please share your own thought about your history with the game and the forum. This is good stuff!

:D
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Re: Hard to Believe

Post by bella »

I can't believe that time went by so fast.

We're still here, some left, many stayed. Time has shown there are weird people out there and people who show their real self. I'm grateful for all the experiences.
Coincidence brought us together, hopefully for many more years to come.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

My daughter came to me, telling me she found an amazing game. we both were playing and helped each other out (without giving away passwords BTW) for a few levels. We made it to about level 120, she stopped playing, I lost my passwords and had to start over again. I made it to 180, lost my passwords again, and had to start over yet again. Now I'm at level 129 (I wrote the passwords down this time).
I found the forum a few months into the game. There was a friendly atmosphere that pulled me in. It's not so much I decided to stay, I had no choise. It would not let go of me.
What I like most about the forum is the way most topics go off topic eventually. I like that. :grill:
Happy five-o-versary to NELG, and each member and many thanks to Clarence, who's brilliant, however little smurf up mind created this.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

:sips the grape koolaid:
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks everyone, this is a great topic that I will now make global!

Perhaps we should sent a mass PM to all members to celebrate and maybe a few will come back!
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:Please share your own thought about your history with the game and the forum.
Don't remember the exact day that I joined anymore, but the earliest thing on the NELG Forum Timeline is on April 11th, 2008, coincidentally, the day that summer became a supermod(Which she has since surpassed)
:P

I remember that Throughout the my time at the forum, I joined, posted often, went away for probably over a year... Don't even know what brought me back.(I think I probably found the game again, somehow, remembered that I had an account, and came back... but who knows), either way, I came back, and for the most part, stayed back.

But going back even further, what initially got me into NELG was my brother playing it, and calling me into his room to show me this game he had found, I found the game myself, played a little, got stuck, and asked for help... Got into the 100s, gave up, a week later tried again, (having forgot to save passwords, since it never even crossed my mind to do so), and posted a help topic for level 18, filled with much frustration, which, within the next 3 days, got moved to the stupidest help questions section... but I didn't care, because I was being engaged in conversation at the same time. - Which got me stuck... for a while(This is where the above paragraph comes in)
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Man, you are soooo not the same kid you were then! I don't want to backhand you against the wall anymore. :P
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

I was 12 when i joined this... and I'm 18 in two months, weird. Also, it's funny how one of the early events on the timeline is 'sizz reveals her age' :P

Anyway, for me, I guess i have good old gamershood to thank for finding this place. I spent about five months on the gamershood forum, and about five years on here... just goes to show.

It's strange because I think when most people think of internet communities it's all gamery nerds or thirteen year olds who dye their hair black and talk about anime. Sure there are some gamers on here and people who like anime but we're all pretty different- from different countries, different ages, different interests, which is great, because it's so nice to have friends who are people you'd never normally get to speak to much properly in normal life.
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

sizz wrote: Also, it's funny how one of the early events on the timeline is 'sizz reveals her age' :P
Not so weird. I thought you were in your early twenties.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Time does fly. It feels like just Yesterday that I was the balloon knot noob. Back then I was young, immature and was full of myself. Even when I wasn't on the Internet. I remember back then I would poke people at the school to piss them off regardless if it looked like they wanted to punch my face off. I was an idiot back then.

Now I'm mature, I speak with respect, and I can actually spell. I think my main problem back then was I took everything seriously. That breaks rule one of the internet.

As for the game I've forgotten all about it. I gave up a long time ago. That may be one of the reasons why I don't hang around here much. When you lose interest in a game like NELG it's kind of hard to find interest on a forum based on it. I'm not trying to say you guys are boring though.

I'm actually thinking Clarence should make a brand new game.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

reaper wrote: When you lose interest in a game like NELG it's kind of hard to find interest on a forum based on it.
I don´t agree (of course). I stopped playing, but still hang around here almost every day.

Maybe I should get a life.... :lol:
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

Yeah I agree with Lalou. the members make the forum, not the game, awesome as it is. its just a shame it's not as active as it used to be...
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

sizz wrote:Yeah I agree with Lalou. the members make the forum, not the game, awesome as it is. its just a shame it's not as active as it used to be...
Agreed. We need to get the people back somehow!!
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

sizz wrote:Yeah I agree with Lalou. the members make the forum, not the game, awesome as it is. its just a shame it's not as active as it used to be...
The original forum being shut down might have something to do with it.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

reaper wrote:
The original forum being shut down might have something to do with it.
That was literally 4 years ago! Who's still reeling from that?
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Four years already????
But I think reaper is right, it was a whole lot quieter after that.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

LaLou wrote:Four years already????
But I think reaper is right, it was a whole lot quieter after that.
Some people are just too lazy to rejoin. Like this one time a guy on YouTube got his channel shut down for two weeks. He had like 70,000 subs and when the channel came back everyone left and his average increase in subs went down.

Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

My interest in subs never goes down, but now you made me hungry :x
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

5 Years and i still never get to understand Dow's posts.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday