Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies - Heroes fight themselves

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies - Heroes fight themselves

Post by Clarence »

I love the MCU - the nearly 20 part movie with great action and characters - it's always a good time, especially as it goes on a builds up and all the characters connect etc etc

But one thing I notice is the hero often has to face a bad guy ... that's just a clone of the good guy

Let me make a list from worst offender to least offender

----

1 - the worst offender is sadly the last movie that came out: Black Panther

It's literally Black Panther vs ... Black Panther. Doesn't get much more samey same and evenly matched than that. Oh my frig.

-----------

2 - Incredible Hulk

Yeah it's the Hulk versus ... a biggerer hulk. If you like to drink during movies like I do the bad CGI and fast action can get really confusing when two big green dudes beat the shazam! out of each other. My Goodness this movie was an abomination. Good news though, I, like most fans, just pretend this movie isn't part of the MCU.

-------------------

3 - Captain America Winter Soldier

In this movie we're treated to a super soldier vs a super soldier ... with a metal arm!!! It's ok though cause this movie was awesome.

----------------

4 - Iron Man

We got Iron Man and we got Fat Iron Man. In the end it's two dudes in robot costumes fighting.

---------------------------

5 - Iron Man II Electric Boogaloo

In this movie we get something very groundbreaking - we get Iron Man vs an Iron Man with laser whips... but don't worry, Iron Man gets help from a fellow Iron Man with a gun on his soldier - also they fight an army of robot iron men in this movie. Iron Man 3 is a breath of fresh air by comparison.

--------------

6 - Captain America the first Avenger

It's a super solider vs a super soldier with a removable face and creepy red skull head.

--------------------

7 - Doctor Strange

Dr. Strange, a sorcerer - dresses in fancy clothes to fight Kacilisisususu whatever the smurf. Another sorcerer with eye shadow on.

---------------------

8 - Ant Man

Ant Man vs Ant Man ... but bad Ant Man has laser arm thingys. As a bonus this movie has basically the same plot of Iron Man, but tiny.

----------------------

9 - Age of Ultrons

I'm singling out Iron Man in this one, cause it feels like Iron Man vs another Iron Man .. but with a robot inside. Ultron and Iron Man also go toe to toe in quips!!!

-------------------------------

10 - Thor Ragnarock

You basically got two Assguardian sibling Gods duking it out.

You could give 11 to Thor

except Loki isn't technically an bottom guardian or even his real sibling

------- the rest which finally break this pattern mostly.

> Avengers 1 - Loki is the badguy. Basically a rehash of Thor but this time Loki brought an army and Thor brought a Hulk

> Thor dark days - Thor vers an elf man

> Spiderman vs Vulcher - those characters are quite different

And then the Guardian of the Galaxy friends

In the first one it's a bunch of aliens vs ... an alien with purple jewlery

But in GOTG2 we get to see the guardians fight A smurf PLANET!! Kudos to that movie, it was great.

And say what you will about Iron Man 3 but at least he wasn't fighting another iron man, he fought a fire breathing man! It was great! So refreshing to see an Iron Man movie without Iron man clones in it!!

.....oh
Wesley
GOD

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies - Heroes fight themselv

Post by Wesley »

I like the amount of thought you put in to this.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:I like the amount of thought you put in to this.
I love these movies but this is a flaw that always bugged me

Black Panther was the last one and it was the worst case of this.
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Seems like they are unable to fight anything else besides an alter ego of themselves. Food for thought.