Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnation

Talk about your favourite shows here!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnation

Post by Clarence »

Reboot was the first fully CGI show and it's from Canada -first aired in 1994! I grew up with this show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuEJWmxWkKw

Hopefully a lot of you remember this. It was a good show, takes place entirely in some guy's computer. The first two seasons are mostly random episodes with an arc developing at the end of season 2. Season 3 got much darker and as I grew up the show grew up too.

But the show got a little too ambitious and set up an epic cliff hanger hoping to get more episodes. Anyone who's a huge fan of Reboot knows this cliff hanger is just a horrible ending to the show that will never be resolved :(

For years and YEARS they have been trying to get the final episodes made by one means or another but instead they decided to start a new show - some 25 years later

Reboot the Guardian Code.

Anyone who truly enjoyed the original Reboot will be disappointed in whatever this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8B5dqjsZUs

Honestly watching this felt like a kick in the childhood nuts. They took a cherished childhood show and made THIS. Just what the smurf is THIS? It's like a weird mix of Super Human Samurai Cyber Squad and some incomprehensible video game. A weird dark villain and dumb kids I don't care about, I want to see what happens in Mainframe with Megabyte, Guardian Bob and the rest, not these balloon knot. My goodness what happened to Megabyte did he get downgraded? This looks impossible to watch - what a nightmare

Makes me sad that they took my beloved and nostalgic source material, ate it and shazam! out this awfulness

What do you guys think?
Wesley
GOD

Re: Reboot: the first CGI show and its new horrible incarnat

Post by Wesley »

I saw some of the original, but I have not seen any of this. Should I risk it?
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:I saw some of the original, but I have not seen any of this. Should I risk it?
I don't think it's out yet but no don't see it - the preview is enough to know it's horrible and disgraceful if you're a fan of the original.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

It seems like they often -- if not always -- try to make things better, when they were already quite good.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:It seems like they often -- if not always -- try to make things better, when they were already quite good.
It's another case of using a recognizable name to help advertise some new shazam! to make $$$