Food!

Don't lie. You're singing the song now, aren't you?

Moderator: Yaz Pistachio

Wesley
GOD

Re: Food!

Post by Wesley »

You know when a happy accident happens and turns out better than anyone expected? Like when that guy was walking down the street eating a jar of peanut butter and that other guy was roller skating eating a chocolate bar and they crashed together and he got his peanut butter on his chocolate and he got his chocolate in his peanut butter and now we know it as Reese's Peanut Butter Cups? Well, I had the bright idea to combine booze with dessert and maybe a grilled cheese at the same time, and came up with a delightfully decadent and intensely flavorful dessert. Basically it is angel food cake, dredged in Grand Marnier Raspberry Peach then browned in a pan with butter, with a dollop of vanilla ice cream to mellow out the intense alcohol flavor. Yeah, we decided that if this dessert were at a fancy restaurant, it would be like 15 bucks... and worth every bite! Also, it gives you a buzz.... I mean, Grand Marnier is like 80 proof!

tl;dr , we fried cognac.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I had some hash browns with salsa, a couple of fried eggs, one weetabix, and some coffee strong enough to jump start a 1953 Buick. I guess I am ready to kick some bottom!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I made those peanut butter marshmallow things again yesterday. So much easier when used with a silicone mat rather than foil or paper. Last time it took almost half an hour to cut the paper off!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Pressure-cooker Pot Roast!

Potatoes!

Parsnips!

Poivre! (black pepper...)

Ponions!

Pcarrots!

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

pie
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Gonna use the slow cooker today. I'll do a yellow Thai curry with onions and potatoes and coconut milk. And peanuts. It is going to cook while I am teaching a Tai Chi lesson and visiting a friend.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Donden
Artiste

Post by Donden »

I just learned a new really awesome easy dinner!
Noodlesoup boiled in water, oil, japanese soy and black pepper. Then added chili, seaweed and some bacon cooked in chilibutter and seasalt. Then I just let it cool down for 2 minutes before adding an uncooked egg in it and mix it. Takes like 10 minutes to make :D
Kind of a spontaneous midnight dinner experiment, but it was great :D
*Some kind of signature*
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I just used my waffle iron to make biscuits and fry an egg.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

:like:

I got a waffle iron for Christmas in 2014 and to this day, I have not used it to make waffles. However, I have used it several times since the day I got it.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

I am about to try shirataki noodles for the first time. I'm a little nervous. Here's hoping!
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I got some coconut durian candy for half price at the Asian grocery... it is not quite right for my palette. The durian aftertaste is a little unsettling.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

RE: coconut durian candy. I figured out what it tastes like: Have you ever purchased a coconut and when you get home you discover that is has spoiled? There is that mildly electrical, mildly burnt flavor? Yeah, that is the background flavor of these candies. They are going in the trash.

On a positive note, I got a super fantastic amazing old world like your Italian Grandmother made it Sicilian Pizza today. Takes an hour to make, because they press the dough into the pan, let it rise for an hour, then cover it in sauce and cheese and bake it. The thing weighs about 7 lbs, and is so unhealthy... but I don't care! :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

On a low carb diet, I have a tendency to eat a lot of eggs. Typically I just eat scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast and then add a fried egg over easy onto a seasoned hamburger patty for dinner. Tonight, however, I wanted something different and decided to try an omelet.

I have never made an omelet in my life. Nor have I ever watched my mother make one. Needless to say, I didn't have high hopes for this. I didn't have much to go in it though, so I threw in some sharp cheddar, turkey slices, and cream cheese. For never making an omelet in my life, it turned out pretty damn delicious! Brandon even tried to convince me not to eat it so he could have it.
sizz
List Creator / Ancient Demimod

Post by sizz »

You've never made an omelette! My word you've missed out, easiest dinner ever and so yummy!
chex wrote:Well we are pretty jabberwocky'.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

I just cannibalized a giant bowl of vanilla chex. Mother of God, I'm delicious!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Well... I tried another experiment today. I made a meat loaf stuffed with cream cheese and shredded sharp cheddar. It maybe wasn't the best idea. Don't get me wrong, I love the taste and flavor! But when I took it out of the oven, it was pretty much swimming from all the fat. I would probably make it again, but need to figure out how to compensate for the fat.
chex

Post by chex »

My meatloaf is always swimming in fat, but that's how I like it. I serve it with a slotted spoon.

For lunch today I toasted an onion bagel, topped it with cream cheese and tomato slices, then added a slice of Canadian bacon I'd browned up a bit in a skillet.

Dinner last night was burgers, fries, and a veggie tray I bought for $5 and popped in the middle of the table. The kids picked at the burger and fries, and devoured the veggie tray. Win!
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Oh it is? I guess I didn't realize that. Well that makes me feel better about my meatloaf then. :D
chex

Post by chex »

I have no idea if it's supposed to be or not, as my mom never made it when I was a kid, but I love me some greasy meatloaf now! :D The fat is going to melt out with the heat.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I made French Toast for breakfast, just because.

~ Donnie Yen ~