Terminator 2

Destroy your favourite movies here by pointing out flaws and plot holes. (Someone come up with a better name for this section.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Terminator 2

Post by Clarence »

Ok, so how this works is you point out any flaws back to back to back.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Terminator 2

Post by Clarence »

Ok, this is my favourite movie of all time. But I sometimes find it fun to call out certain things.

Remember the scene where The Terminator was using John Connor's voice at the payphone, talking to the T-1000?

He figured out that his foster parents were dead when the T-1000 didn't know the name of the pet dog.

He then abruptly hangs up the phone and informs John Conner his foster parents are dead.

--what he should have done.

By hanging up the phone the T-1000 immediately knows he's on to him.

He should have told the T-1000 to wait there and I'll be home sometime between now and tomorrow morning or something. Then the T-1000 would have stayed behind and the terminator would have had more time to leave the city with his Mom.
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Also when the t-1000 was on top of the elevator and everyone else was inside, it was clearly quite a few stories up.

The T-1000 could have just cut the cable and they all would have fallen and if they didn't die, they would have been badly hurt and trapped.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Here's one about the entire series. How the smurf do you send your dad back in time so you can be born? Seriously think about it. He wouldn't exist if his dad had to be in the past to get his mom pregnant.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

That is why it is called a paradox. In this case it is a closed-loop paradox.

For me, when the company kept the broken hand and eye piece and studied them and ended up creating the machines which would go on to enslave humanity, and Sarah and John had to go find those pieces and destroy them to close the loop, it seemed superfluous because having closed the first loop, the pieces would not then exist and there would be no second loop.

Although I guess that is what they were trying to point out and use to carry the plot; the first loop did not close because they kept the pieces and made a new loop within it.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~