Best idea for the game.

This section is for any improvement ideas for my game. Also it's for anything that you might want to discuss about my game that doesn't fit into any other category.

Is this a good idea?

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 13

Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Best idea for the game.

Post by Clovvach »

I know that I have already cheated, but I have the best Idea for the game to stop people from cheating as easily. You could make a level where everything in it is random. The order of steps you would have to take would be random, and every letter in the password would be random. Then, you could save all of the information about the level on the players computer, so that when he/she plays it again, it will be the same as they played it before, so that they wouldn't notice that the level was random. How does that sound?
Eff
Demimod

Re: Best idea for the game.

Post by Eff »

I say ignor the cheaters and dont fight them.

f**k'em.
Dowster wrote:This one time - also know as last Wednesday
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

I'm not really trying to say that we should fight cheaters, Im just suggesting what Clarence could for one level. Just like he only put a CHEATER! Sign on level 57, plus it would be hilarious seeing people posting walkthroughs get confused ^_^.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

And what if you are playing on a computer that does not store cookies? Or if you reboot and loose all your cookies. Then you would have to play the level again yourself. I think the complication involved with this plan would outweigh the satisfaction.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

GreatZot wrote:And what if you are playing on a computer that does not store cookies? Or if you reboot and loose all your cookies. Then you would have to play the level again yourself. I think the complication involved with this plan would outweigh the satisfaction.
Gee, I knew you guys wouldn't like this idea... :3

Clarence could put a level jump on the level right after that. It's not such a complicated idea... I mean I could make something like that, and I'm only 11.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

:shock: 11 ?!

That explain it ALL.
The whole, Clovach thing
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

Noone said we didn't like the idea, Zot only explained that it's not very practicable, for different reasons. And for sure Clarence could realize your idea but if there's no need for it, why should he?
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

I like the whole random passwords thing, cos it's not that hard to get a password generator, but when someone asks for help on the level you can't really say "Sorry, it's completely random!"
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Effie wrote::shock: 11 ?!

That explain it ALL.
The whole, Clovach thing
:evil:
bella wrote:Noone said we didn't like the idea, Zot only explained that it's not very practicable, for different reasons. And for sure Clarence could realize your idea but if there's no need for it, why should he?
OK, you are right, but this is basically the same thing as what he did to level 57, people who didn't cheat on that level who would come back and become confused... "Hmmm, I don't remember this being here before, and I didn't cheat on this level, so... what did I do??" Same thing with this level: If there is a different password than there was before, then you just skip to the next level... or if otherwise, solve the level again, it won't be as hard as the played it the first time.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

Don't ya :evil: me.

Did anyone notice that Clarence never posted in here?
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Effie wrote:Don't ya :evil: me.

Did anyone notice that Clarence never posted in here?
I :evil:ed you for a reason. You talk about
Ettie wrote:The whole, Clovach thing
as if it was some conspiracy.

Your right though, I find it strange that Clarence hasn't posted here. After all it's about his game. He probably just hasn't found this thread yet.
Eff
Demimod

Post by Eff »

I didnt find it strange that he didnt post here...
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Thanks for the idea, but I think I'm just going to leave it as it is for now, I am busy working on new levels and want to put my efforts into this.
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

i dont like it. only cause it would be hard to pull off. in my opinion its like serveral levels in one with different solutions but it looks the same. not to mention its verry likely cheaters would post it and someone happens to get that part ofbthe level...

plus to add on the more solution clarence adds the harder the level becomes. so much a realease might consist of one level rather than 10 or 25 and all the effort clarence normally puts in for a realease will be wasted on that one level.

its just a waste of time.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

Clarence wrote:Thanks for the idea, but I think I'm just going to leave it as it is for now, I am busy working on new levels and want to put my efforts into this.
Understood. I'm glad some people liked it though.
lucsss[]OXO
Starting to fit in

Post by lucsss[]OXO »

Weren't they doing something like that in Level 6? Change the order in every update?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/456455Image

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

lucsss[]OXO wrote:Weren't they doing something like that in Level 6? Change the order in every update?
Who the smurf unbanned you?
Effie.

Post by Effie. »

See Johnny dear, We need you here . :(
lucsss[]OXO
Starting to fit in

Post by lucsss[]OXO »

Jonny Boy wrote:
lucsss[]OXO wrote:Weren't they doing something like that in Level 6? Change the order in every update?
Who the smurf unbanned you?
I was never banned. Just left, then came back. It's hard to keep track with all these memberships.

And wouldn't the walkthrough guys just give you the steps to get the random password? Or is it possible to randomize everything?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/456455Image

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Looks like I forgot to squash a pest.