District 9

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
MisTer Pockets
Ancient Moderator

District 9

Post by MisTer Pockets »

Alright, I saw this earlier, right after work....

First off, let me say, GO smurf SEE THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW. It is an absolute work of art, dare I say flawless, funny, action packed, dramatic, full of emotion, great plot, and I could go on...

The story behind the movie is that several decades ago, an alien ship randomly stops and hovers over Johannesburg, South Africa. The Government then proceeds to force the aliens into Concentration Camp conditions, in a place called District 9, which is pretty much everything in the shadow of the mothership.

Anyway, a young pencil pusher named Wikus, working for MNU (Multi National United) ends up out on the field in District 9, communicating with the 'prawns' as they call them, and discovers something that ends up changing his life forever.

I can't go into any detail at all, in fear of ruining even one little ounce of amazing perfection that emanates from this film, and I will gladly pay to see this move 2, , 6 more times, just because Niel Blomkamp deserves this money.

Now, I am not one to jump on the bandwagon, but I have to say this has got to be one of the best movies I have watched in a very long time, and I was gripping the edge of my seat the whole way through, dying to know what was going to happen next. See it ASAP, although, I have to warn you, that if you can't stomach a lot of gore in a movie, this may be a little too much. (Arms being ripped off, people exploding into tiny bits, etc.)
Peppy Hare
Starting out

Re: District 9

Post by Peppy Hare »

I absolutely loved it as well. I'm trying my hardest to resist spoiling it, but
Pockets wrote:GO smurf SEE THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW.
^That.

Easily my favourite movie of the year. It was the first time in a while I was at a movie that got that much applause at the end, I could definitely see why though. I don't usually get DVDs for movies, but for greatness such as this, totally smurf yes. I'm glad I got to see it.
achardrys wrote:haha ur in hellll
Memasukkan sesuatu yang lucu dan menggelikan
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I am somewhat disappointed in cinemas here. Coraline was supposed to be out since last Thursday and it is not running here, no idea why. And District 9 only starts end of October . Let alone Ponyo on a cliff. They planned on releasing it in autumn, no signs of it yet. Meh.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped to see this. I think I'm gonna go tomorrow, supposing Hurricane Bill leaves the cinema standing.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

MisTer Pockets wrote:dare I say flawless
wow...... sorry man.... but this was the most flawed movie I've seen in some time.... there were a ton of plot holes.... see my other thread for details.