~what happened 2u today

This section is to get to know each other better and talk about yourself, happy birthdays, introduce or welcome people to the forum... you know all that crap

Moderator: Beany

Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Re: ~what happened 2u today

Post by Moe »

Nice!
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I came back from an epic family reunion in Nova Scotia

I never partied that hard in my life, smurf I drank for 12 hours straight

Not good really lol
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

For the first time in months I slept 6 hours straight, without waking up halfway. I love a lower prednisone dose. Lets keep this up.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Glad you're sleeping, Lalou. :)

I'm getting ready to hike a mountain next weekend. Another karate mom organized a group hike and invited me. I'm so excited I already packed! :lol:
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

chex wrote:Glad you're sleeping, Lalou. :)

I'm getting ready to hike a mountain next weekend. Another karate mom organized a group hike and invited me. I'm so excited I already packed! :lol:
If you guys all karate chop at the mountain at the same time, you won't have to climb as high
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Chex, to quote Jimi Hendrix,"Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of your hand..."
You are a VooDoo Chile! :)

LaLou, I am so happy they are getting things figured out and you are getting better! :)

I've been painting and installing lights at my friend's house. And A thought occurred to me: I need to fix my own damned house! Ha ha ha ha!
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

Got 150 feet of 16 gauge wire and 150 feet of cable sleeving to make custom sleeved cables for my computer.

I'll say. It seemed like a good idea at first, then I opened the package, saw everything and realised what I was getting I to! This is going to be a full day task ahead.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Finishing the lights in my friend's house. Oh, and BoGZ' car has developed an oil leak, so we are getting him a rental a little later today.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Had a dream about fixing a roof. May have been mine, but I can't be certain.

What I am certain of is that we are going to the beach for a long weekend. :)

~ Donnie Yen ~
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Well, that was pleasant. Full moon looked great over the ocean. Now I guess I am back and ready to do awesome stuff. (looks around, both bored and distracted...) Meh.

:)

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

Today, after 33 years, my daughters and I decided to replace our vacuum cleaner. Hubby did not want to replce it, because "it still works."
It was cracked, kept together with an iron strip and screws. We went ahaid and got a new one without consulting him. Sometimes this just has to happe
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

LaLou wrote:Today, after 33 years, my daughters and I decided to replace our vacuum cleaner. Hubby did not want to replce it, because "it still works."
It was cracked, kept together with an iron strip and screws. We went ahaid and got a new one without consulting him. Sometimes this just has to happe
My Grandparents were like this too - everything was held together with gum and duct tape

It was actually hilarious how many ancient ornaments my Gram had around the house scotch taped or glued together, everything was broken and nothing was thrown out LOL
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Lalou, what brand was the old one and what brand is the new one? Just curious. :)

I heard a rumor about myself today.... yesterday... whatever. I heard that I have a "Sugar Mama" and that is why I could walk away from my job at Lowe's. HA HA HA HA HA! For those of you not familiar with American slang, a Sugar Mama is a wealthy older woman who is dating a younger man and paying for all his stuff.

So while at the beach, I was playing in the ocean with my sister's family and at one point I took a tumble. As I was getting up, I pressed my had into the sand -- and also onto some sort of small sea creature. I did not see the rascal,
but one of its appendages punctured my pinky finger. In and out. I have two little holes in my finger, and the bleeding did not seem to want to stop. Not a gush, just a dribble, but not cool. It is not bleeding any more, but I am keeping an eye on it to make sure it does not get infected.

~ Donnie Yen ~
LaLou
Ancient Moderator

Post by LaLou »

GreatZot wrote:Lalou, what brand was the old one and what brand is the new one? Just curious. :)

Old one was a Philips (of course :D ), new one is a Bosch.
I am starting to feel a little better. I sleep better a little bit, My appetite is returning and new creative ideas keep bubbling up in my head again.
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Yesterday I helped a friend clear some land behind his mother's house. Used a chainsaw to cut a few small dead trees. Also a large ornamental cherry tree. No fruit, just nice lathery bark and about 50 feet tall. I have cut down threes this big with axes, but this was the biggest one I have done with a chainsaw. After making my hinge and notch cut, things were looking good until the upper branches caught in the canopy and the tree did not fall over. In the end we tied a rope to the base of the tree and used a truck to "foot sweep" the tree, pulling it down from the bottom.

I took a few logs, maybe a foot long, and diameters of about three, four, and five inches. Also a couple of shorter eight inch logs. Called a friend who has a wood lathe and dropped off the wood for him. While there, he took one of the wider pieces and demonstrated his technique as he started to turn the bark covered log into a candy dish. It was great fun to watch! I'll share a pic of the finished project in a few days.

Today, my body is sore all over. Apparently I don't do this kind of thing as often as I used to.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

If it makes you feel better I hurt by back carrying 12 pieces of drywall inside the house with my Father in law
Moe

Post by Moe »

One of these summers, I want to take a chainsaw to my dad's yard, there's a lot of woods, with a lot of fallen trees, and even more dead trees. I would love to get in there and clear it out.

Then again, I've never wielded a chainsaw.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Moe wrote:One of these summers, I want to take a chainsaw to my dad's yard, there's a lot of woods, with a lot of fallen trees, and even more dead trees. I would love to get in there and clear it out.

Then again, I've never wielded a chainsaw.
This sounds like a job for fire
Moe

Post by Moe »

I don't want to burn the whole thing down! Though it would make a bunch of nice firewood that I could use to convince him to have bonfires all the time with

I've never seen those woods, in my entire life of living there, being nicely cleaned out. part of me actually wonders just how many dead trees there are!

And then with the dead ones gone, it will look a lot better, and cleaner, and make more space for the trees that aren't dead <-that is why I want to do that lol

And then eventually, when I get my own actual hose (rather than my current apartment), do the same thing there, and then keep it cleaned out.

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Moe

Post by Moe »

need tires for my car, but got damn are they spendy

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men