NELG Facebook page launch

This is the official new section for anything pertaining to my game. Please check here for updates.

Moderator: Clarence

Clarence
Game Destroyer

NELG Facebook page launch

Post by Clarence »

With the age of forums dying out and the forum slower than ever, I created a facebook page to stay in touch with everyone as our forum has become such a tight nit community

Please message me or someone else for a link to the facebook page if you're interested - still trying to get everyone together

Moe is the forum Admin and will be an admin in the facebook group too.

Hope to see you here and on FB

:)
Wesley
GOD

Re: NELG Facebook page launch

Post by Wesley »

Technology marches on, but we will remain friends.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Well yeah

Facebook is just easier access

Hoping to see activity on both forms of media

Still missing a few to add to the Facebook group
Beany
Demimod

Post by Beany »

How long do you think the boards will actually remain active at all for if it's more convenient to use Facebook?
🦆🦆🦆🦆🦆
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Chobble wrote:How long do you think the boards will actually remain active at all for if it's more convenient to use Facebook?
Boards were already dead before I started the facebook page, I'm just trying to keep everyone in touch somehow.

Facebook page is dead too

Guess that's just life
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Chobble wrote:How long do you think the boards will actually remain active at all for if it's more convenient to use Facebook?
Honestly, I still prefer the boards... Maybe it will end up just being me and you on the board :lol:
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Moe wrote:
Honestly, I still prefer the boards... Maybe it will end up just being me and you on the board :lol:
I prefer the boards too but most people seem to now want to come here. I heard from Blondie and Clovvach etc on the facebook page cause they can't be bothered to look at the forum

I dunno
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Technology breeds apathy. If you can't get it in your pocket, it is not worth looking at. At least that it the theme being pushed by the advertising. Like, who wants to watch a damned movie on a 3.5 inch screen? But in all the commercials you see people soooo excited to do just that!

Yeah, I have been doing this forum for nine years, one fifth of my life, and I am not going to stop. Everyone else who can't take three minutes a day to pop in and say hello? Well, that speaks for itself.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

GreatZot wrote:Technology breeds apathy. If you can't get it in your pocket, it is not worth looking at. At least that it the theme being pushed by the advertising. Like, who wants to watch a damned movie on a 3.5 inch screen? But in all the commercials you see people soooo excited to do just that!

Yeah, I have been doing this forum for nine years, one fifth of my life, and I am not going to stop. Everyone else who can't take three minutes a day to pop in and say hello? Well, that speaks for itself.
:like:
Moe

Post by Moe »

On the same point as Zot, I guess, having been on the forum for almost half my life, having known you guys for so long, I don't know what I'd do without you guys! And for the people that don't visit the forum, is almost reason enough to be on Facebook because it seems to be the best way to keep in touch with old friends.

We need to plan a get-together or something, and I need to get time off of work so I can attend.
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Great idea! I like to travel, and I have met several NELGers in real life. I'd gladly head your way.

~ Donnie Yen ~
bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

GreatZot wrote:Technology breeds apathy. If you can't get it in your pocket, it is not worth looking at. At least that it the theme being pushed by the advertising. Like, who wants to watch a damned movie on a 3.5 inch screen? But in all the commercials you see people soooo excited to do just that!

Hello. :-D
Moe

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:Great idea! I like to travel, and I have met several NELGers in real life. I'd gladly head your way.
Every 6 weeks I get a 4 day weekend, so of I needed to travel somewhere during those days I could, and if I can get days off attached to those 4 days, that would be extra bonus

(realised I hit the dumb edit button rather than the quote button... Stupid fat finger

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

This single mom of three little cereals doesn't have the time or money to travel, but my home is always open to NELG members! I have plenty of space, extra beds, and I cook!
Moe

Post by Moe »

We'll have to figure something out! I have 6 days off in March, and then 3 whole weeks off next January

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

March is closer than January. We can make it happen.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

GreatZot wrote:March is closer than January. We can make it happen.
My March time off got booked up... Apparently my parents also decided to take that time off so we could go visit family out of state.

Regardless. I do get a 4-day weekend every 6 weeks. So, while not as much time, It would be enough time for me to drive somewhere, spend a day or two there, and make it back in time for work

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

One of us could travel to you instead of you travelling to us.

~ Donnie Yen ~
Moe

Post by Moe »

I live in a tiny apartment, so I wouldn't have anywhere for one to sleep... However, if one could provide their own lodging, I would be more than open to the idea

- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

Some of us work or have friends that work in the hotel industry. We could possibly get the employee discount. This is looking good.

~ Donnie Yen ~