Yu-Gi-Oh

KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Yu-Gi-Oh

Post by KecleonFan »

Great card series & awesome TV series. Who hasn't heard of this?
Kecleon is the greatest! Don't you agree?

I'm watching you! O_O
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh

Post by Jonny Boy »

Actually it was rather dumb. That and the one about the spinning tops was a marketing ploy to make money off of product.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Talking about Bey Blades or something like that? Yeah I was into those, yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, dbz, gundam, sailor moon, and I think that's it as far as the cards or spinning top games go. But I was also 11 at the time. I do still like the dbz, gundam, and sailor moon show. The rest I could do without.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Dragonball Z was funny and awesome, Sailor Moon was cute and delved into moral issues, and Gundam had badass giant robots blowing stuff up (with actual plot).
Moe
Official NELG Headmaster Tech Guy of Awesomeness

Post by Moe »

Code Geass has giant robots blowing stuff up too :P But Gundam is still my fave..

As for Yu-Gi-Oh, I never got into it..
"Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you
are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."
- Rachel Dawes, Batman Begins

"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing
that happens to everything else."
- Ororo Munroe, X-Men
Wesley
GOD

Post by Wesley »

I played the DragonBall game for the original Nintendo back in the early 90s.
"Work hard, be humble and stay positive."

~ Donnie Yen ~
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

orgy. Code Geass, I have watched, but never got into it; Sailor Moon, never seen it before; & Gundam..... well, that one was pretty cool, wasn't it. :P
But there is Kekkaishi, Durarara, Bleach & Fullmetal Alchemist. :D

I'm watching you! O_O
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Jonny Boy wrote:Actually it was rather dumb. That and the one about the spinning tops was a marketing ploy to make money off of product.

I actually watched most of an episode of that years ago. I think it was called Bay-blade, or at least that's how it sounds.

I was flipping through the channels and stumbled across it and was astonished. Because it was so horrible and retarded.

There was this guy who was suppose to be the bad guy talking like "I'm going to steal everyone's spinning tops, and nobody can stop me. I am undefeatable and etc"

Basically it's like pog, you win you keep all the pog, you win with this dreidel you keep the spinning toy. Anyway he had a garbage bag full of spinning tops he won and everyone else in the show as like "ohhh look out for that guy... he has a lot of tops.

It was retarded and it each player would put the spinning top down and they would move against each other and each player looked intense and people were cheering like "You can do it, you can beat this guy" even though they had no control over the spinning tops, it was totally retarded to me I can't even begin to explain it.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Yup, pretty much. I even owned a couple when I was little. Looking at it now, it was pretty dumb, but they were rather fun as a little kid. Kids are so easily entertained.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

Ok, I'll admit that putting a couple of very quickly spinning tops in a roundish surface so that they hit each other and "Combat" each other, sounds somewhat amusing to me. Would I dream of spending more than 2 dollars on a spinning top? Hells no! Would I consider it a game? Hells no again. Would I allow someone to take mine because theirs just so happened to randomly crash into mine slightly better and stop mine from spinning first? Hells no.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Lol yeah, smurf that shazam!. Nobody's getting my badass tops. Well, I don't have them anymore, but yeah. I would never buy them myself. My mother bought them or my aunt, or some random family member, I don't know. But yeah, I'm totally with you.
Jonny Boy
Site Admin

Post by Jonny Boy »

I have never played a game for keeps. Not marbles, not magic, not anything. Those rules assume you're an idiot with an unlimited budget.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Only game I ever played for keeps was pogs. I was always really good at that and had more tubes full of pogs than I could count.
KecleonFan
Posting Fiend

Post by KecleonFan »

And this is why I did a topic on Yu-Gi-Oh instead of Beyblade. :roll: :lol:

I'm watching you! O_O
nich
I live here

Post by nich »

Yeah how did we mix Yu-Gi-Oh with bey-blade?

I played Yu-Gi-Oh and watched the show as a kid. But looking at it now it's all pretty dumb. I will admit it is one of the most interesting and fun card games out there.

But did you know there are actually losers who collect these cards, build decks, and takes them to tournaments? I mean like adults and I mean official tournaments where everyone plays competitively. Nerd much?

I still have my huge collection of cards but I haven't touched them since I was 10. There's a kid at school who has a binder filled with them and he spends all day, everyday organizing them. It doesn't smurf matter what order they're in! You just shuffle them in a deck and play the god damn games. He doesn't play with them either. What a loser.
KecleonFan wrote:orgy. Code Geass, I have watched, but never got into it; Sailor Moon, never seen it before; & Gundam..... well, that one was pretty cool, wasn't it. :P
But there is Kekkaishi, Durarara, Bleach & Fullmetal Alchemist. :D
smurf you son Code Geass is best! :P

Although I lost interest at the end when they went over the top until it got confussing.
If you don't have the temperament to pursue your dreams then no one is going to do it for you.

Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Rewatch it. It's not confusing. Sometimes you just gotta see it again to get it.

Also, a loser is in the eye of the beholder. I still have several binders of Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Gundam cards. Every now and again I still collect the Pokemon cards when I go to pre-release tournaments for a friend. The tournaments are actually quite fun and encourage all ages. One of my best friends who is older than me and has two kids goes to the tournaments all the time. He's currently ranked 20th in the entire nation and gets to go to Hawaii for Nationals. I think that's pretty awesome.

Personally I think that if they're not a complete smurf deadbeat like my little brother, then let them enjoy their hobby without being judged by someone who may not share that interest. To define a deadbeat loser in this aspect, I would consider a loser someone who only does that. And what I mean by that is that they refuse to get a job, refuse to take responsibility for themselves, refuse to take showers and upkeep personal hygiene, and only donate plasma twice a week to buy even more cards. That's a loser.