Official Movie Thread

Review all movies, new or old here! Lots of people on this forum like to talk about movies, so if you have a movie to discuss just make a topic for it! These topics will be full of SPOILERS!
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Re: Official Movie Thread

Post by Clarence »

I'm going to try to con Destin and them to see Funny Games with me tonight, if it's as bad as Tim says it is I have to force others to watch it with me.
MisTer Pockets
Ancient Moderator

Post by MisTer Pockets »

Pete McGiveris wrote:I haven't seen Elektra yet, someone was telling me there was a time-traveling sub plot, so I didn't bother seeing it.
No, terrible movie. Just as bad as Daredevil, but with Jennifer Garner running around crying about her dead parents and killing people.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

I liked it :?
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I have not seen either Daredevil or Elektra. Perhaps someday.

I just recently watched Gran Torino. An excellent movie indeed. Clint Eastwood was great.
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."
- Squatterbloat, from The Sandman #4 "A Hope In Hell"

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

I seen Daredevil, I actually liked it. It wasn't GREAT but it was pretty decent and entertaining.

I never bothered to see Elektra. I'm a big fan of Marvel comic movies, and I seen them all, Blade, Punisher, The hulk movies.... etc etc. But I have no interest to see Elektra, it seemed dumb and pointless. Did she ever have her own comic? Why was she in a movie?
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

Yes, Elektra had her own comic, she was created by Frank Miller and first appeared in Daredevil #168 (January 1981)

thank you wikipedia
"There's one at the door, at the gate to damnation. Is it thief, thug or Shay? There's one at the door, and there's room for one more till the end of Creation."

"It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it." - Christian Slater in True Romance
Clarence
Game Destroyer

Post by Clarence »

Well I'm sure nobody gave a shazam! about the Elektra comics and it was pulled off the shelves and burned.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Why you hating on Elektra? She could kick Brock Lesner's bottom for you.
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

She's actually one of Marvels most lethal characters.

bella
the two timer

Post by bella »

I just watched Ice-Age 3 in 3D, it was entertaining. Not a great storyline (was nothing really new), but the effects were neat. I'm looking forward to Coraline, by Henry Selick, the director of 'A Nightmare before Christmas'.
And I want to see 'UP', it's still not out here.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

My daughter saw UP in 3D and loved it. I'm waiting for Ice Age 3 to go to the dollar theatre, then I'll take the kids.
chex
Guessing Games Queen. Suck it, Nich.

Post by chex »

Ice Age 3 may have to be Froot Loop's first theatre movie.

And I have a babysitter for Potter! :hurray:
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

We need to get a babysitter, no way my wife is gonna miss that one when it's on...
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

I think I'm going to see the new Potter movie on July 23rd, since it's Daniel Radcliffe's birthday. At least that's when my friend said we were going...
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

Who is Daniel Radcliff?
Yaz Pistachio
Chex's Long-Lost Brother

Post by Yaz Pistachio »

He's the actor that plays Harry Potter.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Dr. Carl Sagan
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

bella wrote:I'm looking forward to Coraline, by Henry Selick, the director of 'A Nightmare before Christmas'.
An excellent film indeed. Actually based on a novel by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. :mrgreen:

UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

Being as I have a kid that asks constantly " Daddy will you take me to see this movie? " I have seen up and Ice age both in 3d... I was not very impressed with either movie. The begining of up should have been left out. Little kids dont need to see that crap and start a movie off crying. The humor in the movie was a bit over a childs intellect and a bit beneath mine. This was not so much a "kids" movie as it was a preteen to teen movie.

Ice Age was ok... I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. Not as good as the first one but better than the second one. Deigo did not play a big of a role as he has in the other movies which is a shame because he has a good role in their "herd". Sid gets way to much screen time which is a shame because I findhis character annoying. and the weasel... Bruce I think his name is, is well... a few apples short of an orchid but makes a good character. He'd have been fun to have around in one of the other movies.
Pete McGiveris
Ancient Moderator

Post by Pete McGiveris »

freakin cornucopia of sexy awesomeness wrote:
bella wrote:I'm looking forward to Coraline, by Henry Selick, the director of 'A Nightmare before Christmas'.
An excellent film indeed. Actually based on a novel by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. :mrgreen:
Really? I thought it was quite turd. I only went to see it because it was in 3D, and I hated it.
And I said "Baby you're lookin' good",
That's when I noticed her legs were wood...
Nailbunny
Ancient Moderator

Post by Nailbunny »

I myself did indeed enjoy it. I also just watched Death Race. An alright movie I suppose, but a let down overall.