Racism

Master debating inside. Enter at your own risk. Protection advised. ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS IN HERE, YOU WILL ONLY BE WARNED ONCE.
summer
Ancient Administrator

Racism

Post by summer »

Is it overplayed? Or does it really exist?
MisTer Pockets
Ancient Moderator

Re: Racism

Post by MisTer Pockets »

I think black people make a bigger deal about it than anyone...
summer
Ancient Administrator

Post by summer »

Coming from someone who has experienced racism firsthand, I do say it exists. I don't experience it daily, but it does happen to me. And the only thing is does is make me hate certain people.

Oh, and Pockets, I'm not black.
MisTer Pockets
Ancient Moderator

Post by MisTer Pockets »

Oh, I know. I am just saying that from what I have noticed, a lot of black people complain about race and whatnot, black comedians always bash on other races, and then they all get instantly offended the moment anyone says anything them.

It's not a problem, I suppose, but I just wanted to point that out. No, you are not black.
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

It still exists and is not just for the collour of the skin.It aplies to other biological and intelectual conceptions.
A few years back,i had a friend who hated every men(and women)who was not white and i thought he was unfair and it is a lonely way of living.
Shay
recuerdame

Post by Shay »

Racism definitely exists. I have also experienced it first hand growing up. It sucked for me and my brother in school because we moved to a town that was nicknamed "Mexican Town" also known as Crete, NE. The Caucasians hated the Latinos because they felt they were taking over their jobs and buying out small shops and turning them into Mexican Markets. The Mexicans hated the Caucasians because they were always harassing them. Unfortunately since my brother and I are half and half, we got crap a LOT from both sides. It was a fairly small town too, so once our family showed up, it seemed as though people were turning their attention towards us.

Though, I don't think I agree with Pockets. I think a lot of people look to blame others. I have found racism to be widely dispersed within all cultures. I know a lot of Mexicans who think they're the dominant race. I know a lot of white people who still think that someone of a different color should be their slaves. And naturally, I know a lot of black people still rebel against the other races because of the way their ancestors were treated in the past. And let's not forget the Indians, Native Americans (though I don't find too many Native Americans to be racist, in fact, I don't think I've met a single one yet), Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc.

It's sad too because kids learn it at an early age from their parents. My ex fiance's family is always coming down on his sister because she has been dating a back guy for the past three years or so. They refuse to consider him apart of the family. There's a boy in my friend's daycare class who feels he can't associate with the other kids because he's "the only brown kid" as he puts it. This little kid is only 3 years old and already feels separated.

As much as we'd all like to think this will go away, it is unfortunate that I don't think it ever will. Some people are just too stuck in their ways and will continue to pass it on through generations, even without realizing it's what they're doing. I suppose we just have to keep trying to set the better example for others. However, there's always going to be someone. :(
Giana
I never sleep

Post by Giana »

Yap,i agree....personal example is allways the best.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

Are you kidding me? Recism exist no question about it. I've been the victum of it and as much as I hate to admit it I have been the cause of it as well.
Clovvach
Hideous Demon Spawn

Post by Clovvach »

MisTer Pockets wrote:I think black people make a bigger deal about it than anyone...
Not all of them do. Even if they did, I wouldn't blame them, they get alot of racisim
Dowster
Ancient Moderator

Post by Dowster »

Yeah it was a bit of a generalisation, unfortunately as with everything it depends on the individual. It definately exists, and some people are very racsist, whereas others see rasicm where there is none.

Example we have a Jamaican driver who works for us, he's a very nice guy and we get on well, but everytime something goes wrong, he thinks it's because he's black. For example a few weeks back his barcode scanner stopped working (it had been fine for months and it was newer than most of the other drivers scanners) and he got all pissy and said that we give him shazam! equipment because he's black. Also we had one of his friends working for us for over a year despite the fact that he was totally incapable of doing the job, unfortunately though there is no way and employer can get away with sacking a black guy without getting sued for it. So we had to wait until he punched someone before we had a good enough reason to let him go.

The things to remember though are
1. Everyone is an individual and their personality is not predetermined by their race
2. Stuff like the examples I mentioned above only happens because of the way a majority of racist bastards behaved for generations, and the fact that it does still happen today.
UnknownSoldier
Captain America / Assistant Game Tester

Post by UnknownSoldier »

tell your employer not to give the black man crappy equipment... damn white man holding everyone back :shock: